Deal With The Devil

~Take the Mask off when you speak to me ~

Follow me on Instagram! I post updates on the story there! @ emberia_

"You Hades?" A hysterical laugh burst through me. If this guy was the devil then I was the -

"SILENCE!" All lights went out, darkness enclosed on me and I knew that somewhere out there was this so called Hades ready to pounce.

"State your purpose for Gaia and I will think of not killing you. Slowly." I breathed deeply humour vanishing all in one go.

"I don't know I said -" A hand wrapped around my neck bringing off the ground. His face was merely inches from mine, eyes staring and calculating.

"Give. Me. Your. Parent names." He gritted nearing my face every so slightly. I choked my fingers holding onto the outstretched hand.

"No."

"No?" He brought me closer, a wicked smile plastered before he threw me onto the floor and I landed with a thud.

"I guess your ability to talk was restricted due to undesired ears, don't you worry, I will see to that." The black haired man offered before flinging his hand over to the door and it fell down revealing Ethan who stood with narrowed eyes.

"Stop demanding things of her!" Ethan yelled stepping towards the black haired guy with courage.

"Not only you have interrupted our conversation, you have also shown that you neglect your master." There was a lethal pause and then all lights were up again.

"What does he mean?" I called before my mind protested. Ethan was one of his 'servants'? Was that it?

"Not now Alexia." Ethan declined fists curling, breath puffing. I felt the hairs on my back raise, it was a warning of some sort.

The weird man took a sniff around, his eyes snapped to mine.

"Hide. Now."

He gestured the palm to the curtain on the left and I quickly rushed to it. Ethan fit right in with me as we waited, for God knows what.

The only sound was my own breathing. Ethan pressed closer to me, his chest touching to face, being way taller than me. I felt my hands shakes when I detected a familiar voice.

"Always so dim and dark, how are you today, son?" It was Gaia, I knew it was her. I don't know how or why but it was as if something or someone called out to me, telling me it was Gaia.
Wa-a-ait, hold up. Son?

My fingers wanted to look out from the curtain but Ethan stopped my curiosity by holding my hands away from the edges, as if he knew. How?

"What have I done to deserve your company this fine morning?" I frowned at that, it was dark as a night, there is no way it was morning.
Unless we were truly in hell and this person actually was Hades.

By the looks of it, it was him.

I hope he doesn't kill me.

"You see with the Moon swaying sideways we cannot afford to lose control over the Underworld too. After what has happened, I want to take measures to finding a new lunar Goddess." I heard closely, she was just outside the curtain. My heart hitched as clicking shoes went around the room.

"Why should that concern me?" Hades responded, there was a hint of amusement and curiosity hidden in the tone. I think Gaia anchored his attention for good.

"In one month I am hosting an event for the candidacy of the next Moon Goddess, I  would like you to attend and you may bring your servants." Gaia tattled from what seemed another point of the room.