79 - Jeff Comes Clean

~ Vinny's POV ~

Vinny is sitting in the living room on his laptop, searching for any leads as to where y/n was taken. He's not sure what he expects to find, it's not like Twitter is going to have a clue as to where she went.

Nobody can help them, and nobody would.

But he persists, looking for anything that might give him some idea. She has to be there, somewhere. She's probably scared. She's probably hurt.

Oh no, not her too ....

Vinny shudders hard. He remembers learning that Lexi had been made into a meal. He remembers Alex dying right in front of him by the Rake's doing.

He's trying to keep it together when a voice calls out his name. He turns around ...

Jeff stands there, an arm wrapped around himself as he walks closer towards Vinny. Vinny gets up and backs away from his dead friend. The further he gets from Jeff, the better.

"Vin, it's me, it's Jeff."

"If you're Jeff then why did you hurt us? Why did you hurt y/n?" Vinny demands. "She has nothing to do with this, with us!"

"Oh, but she does," Jeff says, sounding more like Habit used to. "You see, she's the only thing that can kill the Slenderman. And he doesn't want that, obviously. So I had to do what I had to do."

"You." Vinny lets the horror of Jeff's words sink in. "You took her. You kidnapped y/n."

"Like I said, I did what I had to do."

"You work for him now?"

"Don't act so surprised," Jeff chides. "You knew that I wasn't gonna stay dead for long."

"Wait, you're ... you're not dead?" Vinny asks.

"Well, I am, but I'm not. I'm not alive. I'm not dead. I just barely exist. But exist I do," he says. "Y/n is in a place where Habit can't go. Not unless he's willing to give up everything, including you three."

"Why are you doing this?"

"You got me and my brother killed, Vinny. You could've fucking saved us. But you didn't. You're a coward. And I can't wait to see the everyman die again. I love this Iteration. It's really opened my eyes and made me into something else. Something ... more."

"Why you, Jeff?"

"Because it was either me or you, and the fates picked me. You know what? I'm glad they did. Because I can do this, and watch you bleed all over again."

Then, just like that, Jeff is gone.

And Vinny sinks to the ground, crying.