37 - Desperation

- Habit's POV -

Habit knows where he must go in order for all of this to stop. At least, he assumes he does. He wouldn't be doing this if he didn't have some idea of what he was getting himself into.

Habit would have their blood, their lives.

He would have their heads.

He appears in the shadows of the home where the new Cursor lives. She's going to pay for what she planned to do to his y/n. He'd have it no other way.

Balancing his knife in his hand, he steps closer towards where his prey hides. She does not expect him, but yet she turns around to face him. A smile crosses her beautiful face. A haunting, deadly smile.

"Cursor," he growls.

"Habit," she says softly. "I figured you'd come after what happened in those woods with y/n."

"Well maybe you shouldn't have done that."

"Are you here to kill me?" She chuckles. "Because that won't end well, I'm afraid."

"Perhaps we should test that theory."

"Perhaps we should," Cursor says, laughing. "But come on, Habit. You and I both know that if I die at your hands, then it'll be an all-out war against you and the Collective. Are you truly prepared for that?"

"You'd be surprised what I can do."

His voice is filled with lethal calm. The kind of calmness that only comes when he's about to do something like this. When he's about to take a life. And make it look like it was not him. He hopes he can do it, for he doesn't want to make things worse for y/n, that would make all this pointless.

"You must be desperate to do this, challenging the Collective," Cursor says as he walks closer to her.

"You've made me very desperate. You might not like that you did, though," Habit growls in reply.

"Then let's get to this, shall we?"