53 - Having A Fight

I am so sore and tired the next day that it's not even funny.

I make my way into the kitchen and tear into some PopTarts. I sit down at the table and open my phone, going to Twitter. People never seem to change. The typical news spreads all over the platform and no one seems to even notice me. Just the way I like it.

When I finish breakfast, I get up and wander around the house, looking for either boy. Of course, I can't find either of them, so I go back up to my room.

Really all I can think about is how Habit fucked me against the wall. I mean, come on. How am I supposed to think about anything else but that?

"... yes I'm alive, and I am beyond grateful for you guys who were there for y/n when she needed it most and supported us. I can't thank you enough, but I hope that this will do for now."

I follow the sound of Vinny's voice and find him in his room, talking to his laptop. Or rather, the people on the other side.

"Thank you for everything, I'll see you soon. Vinny out."

He turns off the recorder and I step further into the room. He looks over his shoulder at me and smiles a little. There's a gleam in his brown eyes. One I know means he's getting emotional.

"You okay?" I ask him.

"Yeah. I just .... I dunno. It feels like I'm gonna lose you or something. And I can't bear to do that, to go through it. I'm just not capable of handling it."

"Vinny, you barely know me. I'm a stranger compared to the people who you have already lost," I say.

Vinny sighs. "Why do you love him?"

"What?"

"Habit. Why are you in love with him?"

"Vinny, I don't think that's your business  -  "

"But it is. Evan and Jeff were my best friends, and Habit killed them. I only have you left, but you're in love with him, so now what do I do?" he says.

"I don't think Evan's gone. And I don't think Jeff is either. You came back, why can't he?"

"As long as you're in love with Habit, Evan is essentially in a coma or dead. Trapped in his own body. His own mind. I can't stand it, y/n. Why can't you see how selfish it is for you to do this?"

"I can't help who I love."

"Yes, you can! My best friend is trapped inside himself because of the ... the thing you love! And if you didn't have such a huge case of Stockholm Syndrome, maybe it would be different. Maybe if you could see what you're doing to Evan, you'd think differently."

"So what are you saying, Vin? Hmm? That I should just throw away the love of my life because you disapprove?"

"You have not heard a thing I've said!"

"No, I heard you. Loud and fucking clear. Goodbye, Vinny. I hope you get your friends ... your real friends ... back."

I run downstairs, ignoring his calls after me. I don't care, I just jump in the nearest car and drive.