76 - Losing Her

~ Habit's POV ~

A loud scream pierces the forest.

Fear, a feeling very foreign to him, grips his heart. Inside is head, Evan is screaming for him to fucking run! so he does. But he only gets so far before a large, gray animal leaps from the trees and snarls at him.

"Shitfuck," he snarls, drawing out his hatchet.

The skinwalker doesn't react to his new weapon, and it charges. So does he. Habit brings his hatchet down on top of the thing's head, and it gurgles before dropping like a sack of rocks. It hisses at him, and he brings the blade down on it once again, slicing open its jugular.

He retrieves his hatchet and hears another scream. Y/n needs his help, and he's not there to protect her. So he runs harder than he's run before. She's yelling now, and he hopes that he won't be too late.

No. He won't be too late.

Especially not for her. .

Finally, Habit breaks through the trees and sees four skinwalkers surrounding y/n, and she's bloody too. Rage sparks him, and he charges once again, yelling the whole time as he strikes the nearest beast.

It roars and slices through his clothes, cutting open his chest. He cuts its throat open, and throws it at the other two that are advancing on him.

Static suddenly fills his head and he can barely see or even breathe, and he screams with rage as he sees the Stick In The Mud grab her and vanish in a flurry of darkness.

____________________
A/N: I MAKE WAY TOO MANY AUTHOR'S NOTES.

Okay so firstly, if you haven't yet watched Night Mind's six-hour-long video on EMH explained, WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIFE? Seriously though, go watch it. It makes you realise that the multiverse theory is correct and prices that Vinny has, at one point, played the role of every member of the group. Hence "everyman" being so prominent around him.

What does this mean?

Well, as Nick said, it means all the Evan x Vinny stuff could be true, as Vinny could have been Steph at one point in time.

Anyway, as some of you on Amino know, I did a poll on who swears more, Noah or Evan. Then I hopped on Twitter and asked the guys (including Night Mind and Adam), and Jeff replied "yes" while Adam said "fuck".

I'm used to Jeff replying or whatever to my posts, but this made my fucking week because this week has been awful. As I'm sure you can guess.

The next story will be called Warped so make sure that once this one ends (chapter 80 is the last chapter), look out for that one!

Xoxoxoxo ....