6 - Part of Your World

Vinny and I are put back in the attic. I don't speak, I just run to the bathroom and release my food and cry.

I hated Minnie, hated her. But she didn't deserve to die with a knife in her back at the hands of a fucking demon. She didn't deserve to be tortured. Sure, she bullied me, called me names. But I don't know if that makes this better or worse.

Vinny comes in and holds my hair back as I wretch into the toilet. Damn, I bet this is attractive. A sobbing, snotting, puking girl bent over a toilet. I mean, I don't really care if he thinks I'm attractive or anything, it's just ... embarrassing.

He cleans me up and we head back into the attic together. He keeps his arm around me and keeps telling me I'll be okay. But I don't think I will. I just watched someone actually die. I mean, I guess I've seen death like this before, but this time it's personal. I had a hand in killing her.

"Everything's alright," Vinny says softly.

"How? How the hell is everything okay? We are trapped here, Vinny! Fucking trapped like rats in a cage. And Minnie? She's the best-case-scenario. Jeff, bless him, is probably the worst. But no, everything is just goddamn peachy!"

I kick the lantern sitting on the floor and scream into my hands. I brush my hair from my face and groan, wiping away tears. When I look back at Vinny, he's crying too.

Great, now I just kicked a puppy.

"I'm sorry," I mumble. "You've been nothing but a friend to me through this, and I've been an ass. My friends are right, you are a precious cinnamon roll."

He actually chuckles at that.

"A cinnamon roll?"

I shrug. "Everyone loves 'em."

He rubs his face and sighs. "We should get some rest."

Suddenly, there's a tentative knock on the door. I whirl around, ready to high five Habit in the face, when Evan walks in.