56 - Vanishing Act

I run over to where he lays on the floor. Fear races through my veins and I hold his head on my lap. His eyes are closed.

What the hell is going on?

"Habit? Habit, come on, wake up," I say anxiously.

But he isn't waking up. I smack his cheek ever-so-lovingly, but that does nothing.

"Come on, Habit. Please."

Finally, his eyes open. But they're glassy, like he's a doll or something. I don't know what to do, but he finally blinks. He looks up at me.

"Habit, what happened?"

"I - I'm not Habit, y/n."

"E - Evan?" I stammer. "No offense, but what happened?"

"He's not there," he says softly, rubbing the back of his head. "He's not ..."

I help him stand up. He staggers drunkenly over to the bed and sits down. He puts his head in his hands and starts to cry. I don't know what to say, but I sit down next to him and wrap an arm around his shoulders.

Vinny finally comes in, looking concerned and confused.

"What's happening?" he asks.

"I don't know."

"He's not there ..."

"Evan? What's wrong?" I ask.

"Evan?" Vinny says.

Evan leaps up and throws his arms around Vinny. He cries, and my heart breaks. I feel like I shouldn't even be here watching this. I should be elsewhere.

"What happened, brother?" Vinny asks.

"He's gone. Habit's gone."

_____________________
A/N: Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh my poor heart and pacemaker! That hurt to write. That legit made me sad and now I feel like running back to Daddy Night Mind and having him explain EMH for me to feel better. But alas, I have a story to write.

This chapter was hard to write and it only gets sadder so strap in Hybrids.

Shout out to MarsmellowFlow for being one of the best at gore and creeping me out in this Slenderverse of ours, seriously though check out their story, because we're going to do a collaboration with both stories and you wanna be in the know.

So in case if you're curious, what Evan said was that Habit is no longer there. Now we don't know that that means he's not possessing Evan, but I've got a few ideas.

Oh, and MarsmellowFlow and I were talking about how the most recent update (Finding Fairmount) sorta confirms Night Mind's "candleverse" theory. If you've no idea who NM is, I suggest you check out his YouTube channel. He's got the best voice (my number 3, Lazy Masquerade is 2 and Corpse Husband is 1) for doing what he does.

Okay I'm going to go, love you all, and yes, thanks for realizing that I was referencing Leafyishere (another YouTuber) in my last author's note.

Xoxoxoxo ....