59 - Inhabited

I wake up in my bed. I groan, as my head aches and throbs, but I get up and head downstairs for breakfast. I feel like I could eat a freaking horse. I hate it when I get that feeling, you know?

"Good morning sunshine," Vinny drawls from where he sits at the kitchen table with Evan.

"Hi boys," I say, sitting between them. I steal some of Vinny's cereal and start eating.

"You could've asked for that," Vinny says.

"Yeah, I know," I say shortly. "Better to ask forgiveness than permission."

"What, you're quoting Eragon now?" Evan asks.

"Why yes, Ev, I am."

"So, uhm, y/n?"

I look up from the stolen cereal.

"Is he ... inside your head?" Evan asks.

"Yeah, I think he's still asleep though," I answer. "What happened after we made out?"

That's when I realize that it was Evan's body who was fucking me the other night, and my cheeks get warm. I've essentially had sex with him. This just got next-level awkward.

"You passed out, I caught you," Evan says.

"Well thank you," I say.

Y/n? Are you okay?

I shudder. Evan just nods solemnly.

"Heard him talk inside your head for the first time?"

"Yeah. It's weird."

He nods again.

"Yes, Habit, I'm fine," I add.

"You can just think things and he'll answer you," Evan explains. "He's in your mind, remember?"

I nod and continue eating.

There's a knock on the front door. The boys exchange worried looks and then get up to answer it. I follow them.

I don't know what or who I was expecting, but it certainly was not Firebrand.

"We've got a fucking problem," Firebrand says.

"What?" Vinny asks.

"Your dead friend has gone off the reservation. He nearly killed Noah, and I think he's coming here. And bringing some of Slender's Dogs."

Fuck, Habit says.

Fuck indeed.