55 - A Choice

Finally, after what feels like forever, I return home.

I'm still angry at Vinny, and so I just walk through the house with my eyes full of tears and my face red and puffy from crying.

I stow away in my room, leaning against the door so no one can get in (short of teleporting). And I let the tears fall. I curl up in a ball and let myself be enveloped in depression and anxiety, I let myself be swallowed by the very same darkness I just crawled out of.

I am shattered in every way possible.

Do I lose him because of all the reasons that Vinny said?

Am I selfish for wanting Habit? Am I a bad person for the man I love? Or is it just that Vinny's scared and that's why he said those things.

There's a knock on the door behind me. I don't say anything, I just muffle my cries in my hand. And then Habit speaks, and I cry more.

"Y/n? Are you okay?"

"... go away ..."

I ball myself up and rock back and forth slowly, trying to calm myself down ... Why am I so cry-y? Why can't I calm down?

"Y/n, I can't help you if you don't let me in," he says.

Should I let him in? Should I tell him what Vinny said? A part of me wants to, but at the same time, another part of me doesn't want to. I don't want to hurt him.

But it seems like Vinny doesn't have those problems. He doesn't like Habit because he killed his friends, which I totally understand, but Habit is changing now.

Go away ...

"Please, let me in," Habit says softly.

Finally I get up and limp away from the door. He knocks nervously, and I curl up in the bed and wish I could die. Finally, the door unlocks and opens slowly.

Habit walks in looking both concerned and angry.

"Did he tell you what he said?" I ask.

"I heard the argument."

"I'm so sorry, Habit."

"It's not your fault. He's right. I'm a fuckin' parasite. I love you."

"I  -  "

And then he collapses to the floor.