25 - Firebrand's Help

I am at Habit's side as he and Vinny lead me down a boardwalk I've seen before  -  the very same boardwalk that haunts Noah Maxwell of Tribe Twelve. So it isn't a surprise for me to find out that we are meeting up with Firebrand, the Collective's version of Noah.

"Why am I here?" Vinny asks Habit.

"Because I fuckin' told you to be here, so you're going to be here," Habit replies.

Does he have multiple personalities (aside from Evan) or something? ... No, he's just an asshole.

"And you're the cameraman, everyman," I say, elbowing Vinny and winking.

"That was seriously lame, but funny," Habit remarks.

"Yeah," Vinny agrees, chuckling.

The three of us keep walking along and stop by a bench at the water's edge, where a man sits. It's undoubtedly Firebrand. He doesn't notice the three of us, at first, but then he gets up and walks over to greet us.

"Hello," he says, waving. "Habit. Vincent. And ... ?"

"Y/n," I reply.

"Ah, nice to meet you, y/n," he says. He looks at Habit. "I presume she's the reason you need help."

"Yes. I need to know if you're fucking with her, or if any of your friends in the Collective are. Something happened yesterday and we need answers."

"Answers. Okay, well, I got some, but I don't think you'll like them. Because firstly, none of us have had any contact with her and neither have I, as you could gather by me not knowing her name. Secondly, there is one ex-member of the Collective who is named Hush. She was just recently released from ... captivity, and she might be the one behind it. Mind if I ask what happened?" Firebrand says.

"Yes, I do," Habit replies. "I think we can figure things out for ourselves."

"I hope so. I'll make sure that they don't know about y/n, and if you don't hear from me in ... say ... a day, then you're in the clear. Okay?"

"Yep. Thanks. Bye, bitch," Habit says, and then we are back in our house.

_______
A/N: Hey there my beloved Hybrids, Rabbits, and Habits!

Before I get into any of the story business, I have to thank all of you amazing people reading and commenting and adding and voting on this story! It's literally stuff like this that gets me through the day, it's writing that makes me happy, and you guys are making me feel like I'm the happiest girl ever. I haven't felt this way in a while, so I'm thanking literally everyone who's reading this right now. I wish I could hug you all.

Okay, so some of you have seen Martyr  - my Tribe Twelve fanfic, and started reading and voting on that so thanks! But I wanted to tell you that Rabbit (which is what I'm referring to your character as from now on because why not) and Claire Maxwell exist in the same universe. Just so you know, Rabbit and Claire will meet up in both stories, so I will let you know from now on which story to switch to so you can read that chapter and stay in the know.

Lastly, I want to tell you guys something funny. I know I'm rambling and half of you probably won't even read this, but I gotta tell SOMEBODY. So the other day, I'm watching Night Mind's Tribe Twelve Explained videos, and I have it at conversation volume on my t.v. because I'm home alone in my apartment. Well, he gets to an angry Noah Tweet and someone says from outside the door, "Don't fight" and I just lost it. They literally think Night Mind lives with me and we were fighting.

Anyways, I'm going to bed, I love you all, good night and sweet dreams!

Xoxoxoxo ....