10 - Things Go Wrong

"Where are we going?" I ask Habit.

I'm in the car and it's just me and him. He wears all black and no hat for once, and I wear my pants and a big, baggy shirt that was Vinny's. I have no other clothes to wear. And he woke me up early with a promise to take me to see "something cool" as he put it. What that something is, I have no clue.

"We are going ... on a date."

"Wait, what?" I ask, feeling like I've misheard him.

"You and I are going on a date," he repeats.

"A date?"

"Yes! What are ya, deaf?"

"N - no."

I've just never been on a date with a demon. I play with my hair anxiously as we drive along through the towns and wooded areas. I wonder if people back home even know I'm gone. I wonder if they even care.

Minnie didn't deserve to die like that. Especially so far from home. People will miss her, but me? No. It's like Doctor Strange said, "Just a momentary speck in an indifferent universe." I never understood that until now.

"But I'm a friend of theirs now," I mumble. "And ... and you kill all of Vinny's friends."

"Evan's still alive," Habit points out. "And you don't know for sure if I killed everybody. Jessie was killed by the Rake."

"Don't pretend you have a halo when you killed Stephanie and ate her freaking baby!"

Habit slams on the brakes and pulls over roughly, flipping off the people in the car behind us as they drive past. "Eat shit and die, fuckers!"

"Why pretend to be nice to me? Why do all this when there are thousands of others out there who'd love this? Why me? Oh, wait, I know. You want to use me and my feelings to kill the Slenderman because I'm the only one who can do it!"

"He fucking told you?!" Habit yells.

"At least he's not using me like you are!"

And then Habit smacks me across the face. I hit the dashboard hard, blood erupting from my nose and lip. I unlock the door and bolt into the woods, scrambling to get as far away from him as possible.

"Shit! Fuck! Y/n! Y/n!" he yells, running after me.

But I'm already far away from him.