Entry 144: Finding the drive

We now go to check the previously locked infirmary.]

Leaving Gilgamesh to wait in the hallway, I enter the infirmary.

[The infirmary is apparently a strict no Gilgamesh zone.]

Sakura:

Sakura: ...Miss Kishinami. Ah, are you taking a break? I'll prepare some tea right away.

Just as I thought, Sakura was in the infirmary. Perhaps she came here after Rin and Rani's low spirits drove her away.

 Perhaps she came here after Rin and Rani's low spirits drove her away

Sakura: It's ready now. I'm sorry it's not any better than usual...

I drink the tea Sakura prepared for me. The tea in the SE.RA.PH tastes exactly the same as the real thing in my memories. Still, the heat and the astringency of it are exquisite. With just one sip the haze over my heart clears. Yes. It's certain that Sakura's tea-making skills are master class.

Sakura: Miss Kishinami? What is it, why did you smile suddenly. Di, did I mess up the balance of the mixture somehow?

Not at all. Sakura's tea is superb, I reply with a wry smile.

Sakura: I, I'm glad...If at the final fortress I'd failed even at making tea, there'd be no meaning in my existence...

The final fortress...so does that mean that this tea mix is some kind of secret recipe of Sakura's? All right then. One day, I will steal a glance at the preparations she does on the other side of that curtain. But for now, I have to prioritize my investigation. Now I've had some tea and caught my breath, it might not be bad to try going into the Labyrinth.

Sakura: ...Miss Kishinami. Um, this is just from looking at your heart rate and brain waves, but...are you enjoying yourself?

Enjoying myself, she says...? It's true I feel calm just now. I feel like the haze that's been hanging over my heart since we fled from BB at the Core has been cleared.

Sakura: ...I, I think it's good to have a positive outlook, but it's not good to push yourself too hard either...When things are hard on you, please say so.

? Sakura is strangely serious. What is she saying?

Sakura: Seeing Miss Rin and Miss Rani feeling down, and seeing you force yourself to smile, it's hard for me to watch. ...I can understand how you all feel. All our battles so far were useless...we had lost from the start. No matter what we tried, the possibility of catching up with BB was zero. That's why BB was so unconcerned, and even the Sakura Labyrinth was only a sideshow to make all of you suffer...