Entry 66: At least I'm a thinking reed

All of the members of the student council are gathered in the council room. The reason everyone is wearing such dark expressions may be because they've been informed of the new Sentinels, or rather offshoots, "Alter Egos," that BB has created.

Rin: ...welcome back. I'd tell you "well done," but no one's in the mood for that. Rani is recovering in the infirmary. She was synced with BB for longer than I was, so it seems it'll also take her longer to return to consciousness.

Gatou: Mm, let her have a good rest. Soulcare is important after all. So much that even my ego was nearly destroyed by that brown girl's verbal persecution. Though now as you can I see I am the same Monji I always was.

Julius: ...in your case, it's less than you recovered than that you forgot about everything and went back to normal, I'd say. Why would a debilitated spirit recover simply by having a meal?

Gatou :: Bwahaha, that is the fruit of my training, pale and scrawny one! With that elixir, anything becomes steaming silver shari and mackerel pike! But I'll forgive you the dried plum!

Julius: ...I see. So you're a spiritual zombie. Go clean the toilets, will you?

Gawain: Leo, what is silver shari?

Leo: It seems to be a king of high-class rice ball...Maybe he means that under certain circumstances, fresh-cooked rice has the same value as platinum...?

Gawain: Ah, in that case I have similar recollections. High quality meals would even affect one's morale on the field of battle. Especially the king's. Monji Gatou...comparing the supply train to silver and gold, he's not so bad as I thought.

Jinako: Nah, the old guy's not that deep. It's just forgetting bad things from before when something good happens.

Sakura: What an amazing function! "Forgetting damage" is impossible even for the Moon Cell.

Rin: Yeaahh..only humans have the ridiculous ability to conveniently alter their cognizance whenever it suits them...Honestly, I'm pretty sure that if the Moon Cell switched to a Gatou-type OS that would be the end of the universe.

Jinako: Or the beginning of the universe. A field of flowers flings every which way with a whole new law of idiocy.

Leo: Thanks to Mr Gatou's presence the mood has lightened. An unexpected hidden skill for getting a dead silent room to break out in garrulity.

Gatou: Bwahaha, no need to envy me, no need. It's only natural for the head of the cheering squad. The harder things get the more you should smile, President Leo.

Leo: Indeed, I'll take that to heart. I had intended for this to be a meeting about BB's two Alter Egos, but let's take a small break. Everyone is tired, after all. We'll hold the briefing in six hours. Miss Tohsaka and I will sort things out with Sakura ahead of time, so every please get some rest.

They still won't rest? Leo, Rin, and Sakura have been providing back up for us without resting the whole time we've been in the Labyrinth. If you're talking about fatigue, those three have got to be worn out by now as well.

Rin: Don't worry about it. All I can do right now is provide support for you Hakuno, so this is only natural. Go to your room one step ahead of us and rest. Taking breaks is important to your work as well. It's fine. As long as you keep your strength up, we'll keep working you to the bone.

Rin's cheerful face shows not a trace of weariness. I can't protest when she puts it that way. I'll have to carry out the role assigned to me like she devotes herself to hers.

Leo: Exactly. Brother, Mr Gatou, you should both rest too. Especially you, brother. You haven't slept a wink since coming here. Even if you try to hide it, it won't stay hidden with Sakura here.

Julius: ...I see. I suppose I have strained my nerves too much. Though her job is health supervision, Sakura's...there's no deceiving the eyes of an AI. I will take two hours' assigned rest, no more. Kishinami. Rest well.

[To our private room. Lancer's Information Matrix is now complete – I'll probably put it up in a supplementary post at some point, but for now, I'll just note her Noble Phantasm: Kilenc Csákány: Cry of the Dragon, Voice of Thunder.]

Gilgamesh: Those women, were they called Alter Egos? High Servants, with the strength of impudent goddesses mashed together — irredeemably hideous, but interesting. Even low-quality products are good occasionally. That BB, she truly does grate on my nerves most thoroughly.

Spitting out those words, Gilgamesh wears a pleased smile. It seems the appearance of the Alter Egos was unexpected and stimulating even for this Servant. Even as I'm astounded by how at ease he seems to be, I admire it. I can't be so optimistic at the arrival of enemies surpassing Elizabeth in strength.

Gilgamesh :: What are you saying. BB is not the one who entertains me. That would be the expression on your face, mongrel. Our battles up to now were truly wasted efforts. We saved those two women, but a new pair of women has thwarted us. You still haven't regained your memories, and no hope of replacing your command seals. An additionally, we are faced with a strange and formidable enemy the like of which not even I have seen. What about it? It would be natural for any respectable human being to break down at this point. Especially the average mage. But you, my contractor, are unexpectedly unfazed by this predicament. Though you are the weakest of any in this school building, more than eye of the others you keep your eyes on the heavens. There was once a philosopher who said that man is a, but you truly are. You should be proud. That solidity is the only thing I lack. As it is your only redeeming feature, you should embrace it with all you have.

Could it be...it's just a possibility, but I think he praised me just now...? — wow, no way. Even if I've guessed wrong, that somehow makes me happy. Am I happy just to be evaluated by this Servant, or happy to be praised for my inability to give up? No, either way. The important thing is that with one casual statement from Gilgamesh, my feelings instantly come to a boil.

...if this is how it is, I can still fight. Just as he said, even though my memories are vague and I've lost my command seals and my relationship with my Servant is the worst — those are all things I'll be able to recover from someday.

Gilgamesh: It's a shame, though. It appears those Egos have no Mesopotamian lineage. If Ishtar were among them, I would have unsealed Ea with no questions asked, but...that BB is aware of my sensitive points.

Gilgamesh keeps talking. I occasionally make affirmative sounds, but my eyelids grow heavy. All my accumulated weariness drags my consciousness down into sleep. With Gilgamesh's voice as my pillow, my eyelids fall closed. ...perhaps my solidity really is something significant. I've even grown accustomed to him looking down at me like this, after all.