Entry 135: AI awkwardness

[Now that the Alices are gone, the enemies in the Labyrinth have changed to regular enemy programs. As we head toward the shields in the northeast, we get a transmission.]

Rin: — !? Wait, there's a distortion appearing in the Labyrinth! Something's transporting in there!

[White static covers the screen.]

Rani: Recognized code, high-level AI Sakura type — Be careful, the only memory value that rivals the Labyrinth like this is BB's!

BB is coming...!? But why now? Didn't BB give up on interfering with us to focus on destroying the core's defensive walls — !?

[More static assails our view, and something like a screen with BB's image appears above us.]

[As you can see, the imagine is BB, but her name is given as ???]

Unnamed speaker: INTRUDERS DETECT — ED. BEGINNING SEARCH for TARGET. SEARCH is UNNECESSARY. COLLATION is FUTILE. ANALYSIS is INVALID.

Is that...BB? It's not like the usual BB Channel. It's a lower level AI than BB. It's much too mechanical.

Unnamed speaker: 0 articles RECEIVED. RESPONSE REPLY NEGATIVE. Not OUTSIDE RANGE. DELETING IRREGULAR MAIL. I AM AWAITING INTRUDERS — GREETING I AM, PLEASED — ELIMINATING I AM, SORRY —

[The screen and all the static abruptly vanish, and BB appears in front of us in their place.]

BB: ——— uh, yes? — Um. What are you doing, senpai?

Gilgamesh: What is a strange question. Even if you are losing your will, there is only one goal in appealing to our mongrel's feelings. You came to this Labyrinth for Hakuno to delete you, did you not?

BB: This is — Melt's — Is that it. So I came all the way out here. A mistake unbecoming of a beautiful, intelligent, peerless kouhai heroine like myself. My automatic enemy search function was on. How stupid to respond to lowly creatures crawling about in a place like this, when I will soon obtain everything. But still, that wall is as hard-headed as my senpai. Hm. Thinking of it that way, it seems very worth breaking. I'm going back to work. You really are the source of my energy and wickedness, senpai. Thank you for that. But this is over now. Please return to the old school building swiftly. Heavens...what is Meltlilith doing.

BB goes to transport out of this area. Seeing her go — I wanted to stop her, but if we fought here, we would have lost. It would have ended like it did with Leo. All we can do is endure until the analysis of the data Archer left us is complete. What we can do is reach the core's wall as fast as possible, and even if we can't defeat BB, to hinder her actions.

BB: Ah — I have to build my strength, quickly. If I hesitate, the Holy Grail War will begin. First I must augment my functions bit by bit, then take in Servants, dominate imaginary number space — If I increase my functions until I can make a safety zone, I can finally call that person here — I can stop the Holy Grail War — I won't disappear...Who could bear to be deleted...I won't let anyone stop me...If the Moon Cell itself gets in my way, the I'll wipe it out —