Entry 113: Versus Team Delusional

We continue through the Labyrinth and approach a sloped path where the enemy programs are concentrated. There's no avoiding this narrow, tightly fortified path. This mean-spirited deployment of forces — it's definitely Shinji's work.

Shinji: That's a nice annoyed face you are got! Just the reaction I was looking for, thanks Kishinami. Those things are incredibly tough. Even if you bring one down, will you have enough strength left to reach the top? I call it —

Elizabeth: One crack break! The Heart-Pounding☆Hell-Hill of Nothing-But-Golems!

Shinji: I'm telling you, "heart-pounding" is overdoing it! Arrggh...anyway, hold your breath and just try to make it up that hill!

[This gauntlet of fortress-type enemies might be annoying if I had a Servant with less damage output than Gilgamesh. But I don't. Incidentally, this is the point in the game where Gilgamesh's in dungeon dialogue changes to be more supportive, like Servants would do in round five in Extra. So yes, he now sometimes asks if Hakuno's hurt after the battle, and offers to give her candy as a reward when we do particularly well. Yes, the candy bit is rather disconcerting. Presumably Gilgamesh has the best candy somewhere in that treasury along with the best liquor, but still...]

......somehow we made it up the hill. It looks like the Labyrinth keeps going from here, but perhaps we've crossed the first threshold, so to speak.

Shinji: Kk...Well, it's not like I thought that alone would stop you.

Of course not. If you thought something like that would be enough to stop Hakuno Kishinami at this point I'd be worried. After all, Leo left everything to me. No matter how mediocre I may be, no matter how straightforward my solutions, the one thing I won't do is stop moving forward.

Elizabeth: ! ...... (What's with that gaze...she looks kind of cool...)

Shinji: Wh, what...There's something different about you, Kishinami. Anyway, don't think that's the end of this floor! Because it's the one who wins in the end who's the real winner!

[We go forward through a strangely empty area, they are blocked by a red barrier wall with a miniboss enemy in front of it.]

Gilgamesh: Oh, it seems there's a trap here for some reason. Shall we kick that thing around first, Master?

[We kill the thing.]

Gilgamesh: ...so the barrier hasn't disappeared. So it still has breath left in it?

I follow Gilgamesh's gaze and look behind us. There, enemies of the same style as the one we just defeated pop into existence one after another.

Rani: This is...Sakura, please check the Labyrinth construction code.

Sakura: Yes — ah, of course, there's a place where orders have been added as a postscript. I think it's some trick of Mr Shinji's.

Rin: Let me see? Ah, this petty, loud, annoying feeling, that's his work, no mistake. It looks like if Hakuno goes forward from that point it'll cause enemies to appear and block the path like they did before.

That really is annoying. And the wall's already blocking us...

Rani: I will overwrite the problem point in the code. However, as long as models of the same type as the one we want to delete remain within the floor, I won't be able to execute the overwrite properly. There should be three enemies of precisely the same type as the one you just suppressed in that area. Please remove them quickly.

[We do, and in the process finally, reach level 34 and get the skill "King's Treasury," better known as Gate of Babylon. It inflicts magic damage and stun, also it one-shots the enemy I try it out on.]