Entry 18: Hakuno has never heard of the Epic of Gilgamesh

[And returning to the previous question...]

> ...I can't think of you as a Servant.
[>] There's no way I can trust you!

If I stay quiet, I'll die. If I raise an objection, I'll be killed. I'm fine like this. So, if I die no matter what I do, I may as well say whatever I want! Let's go, let's go, let's go! I pull together all my body's strength, put some kick to my trembling throat, and glare at the self-important Servant before me. One, two...

"I cannot trust a person whose true self I don't know!"

Gilgamesh: —-.

I, I said it...! My knees are embarrassingly trembling and my throat went dry at the first word, but in the end, I managed to say what I wanted to...!

[Oh my god Gil what is that pose

[Oh my god Gil what is that pose.]

Gilgamesh: There's a saying in your country, "A cornered mouse will bite the cat," no? If trapped in a corner, even a mouse will challenge its enemy...Very well. I will forgive your gaze. They may be minimal, but as my Master, you have some things to recommend to you. In any case, you are the fool who sacrificed your three command spells to me without knowing who I was. I wonder if all of your actions will continue to be so amusing.

...frustratingly, I can't respond to that. Under the gaze of those red eyes, my animosity gives way to fear. It goes without saying why I'm frightened. This Servant is a devil. The instant he decides the other party is useless to him, even if it's his Master, he'll cut them down.

Gilgamesh: Which is not to say that I will consider your feelings. Your ignorance is astounding, but it appears even you have your reasons. — All right. I will allow you to investigate my identity freely. When you find the time, it would be well for you to search it out. You know my true name. It should be simple to discover my legend.

[...It really should.]

...My Servant walks briskly toward the classroom door. Er, uh...what's this about?

Gilgamesh: You don't understand? I am telling you that if you to recognize your ignorance and seek to rectify it, I will overlook your blasphemy – then I will allow you your blasphemous proposal. So, what are you doing? You must take me with you and begin your investigation. You are the one who declared that you cannot make a decision if you do not know the situation. We have no reason to remain here.

It's not my imagination. The golden Servant Gilgamesh is waiting for me to do something, a smile coming to his lips. Perhaps something in our argument interested him. I unexpectedly came face to face with death, and I find myself rejoicing, somehow, at this narrow escape from death.

However, the situation really hasn't changed. Even though I said I wanted to know Gilgamesh's true self!

Gilgamesh: Don't be ridiculous, I have no intention of telling you anything. You must begin by proving yourself. My story will come later. Heh. Though really, it would be a slim hope indeed to expect you to make it that far. It is enough that the mediocre should run about busily as they are meant to.

[Gil leaves the classroom.]

Hey, is he really just leaving his Master behind and sauntering off wherever he pleases —!?

[Hakuno leaves the classroom.]

Gilgamesh: Hm? You object to my walking about freely? Must we respect the theory of the Holy Grail War? In case I should just make myself immaterial? Now that you mention it, that was the agreement. ...However. How can you remember that when you have lost the rest of your memories. Astounding. To overturn my expectations in a single minute. What a conscientious and narrow-minded girl you are.

 What a conscientious and narrow-minded girl you are

[Gil making that face is really not comforting.]

I hurry to follow after my Servant, to ask...no, to propose that he at least refrain from being materialized. Gilgamesh was surprised, but he obediently abided by my request and undoes his materialization, transitioning to his astral state. Like this, we should be able to safely move about the school. Speaking of which, I was told to go to the student council room after I had met with Gilgamesh.

Oh, but...just now, did he perhaps...praise me?