Entry 78 Extra: Severance

[Today in alternate decisions.]

I will —

[>] ...sever the contract.
> ...not sever the contract.

I have to cut my contract with Gilgamesh. BB isn't threatening me, and even if I stay contracted to Gilgamesh I'll ultimately be destroyed. In that case, choosing to sever our contract is to choose to survive.

BB: Breaking of the contract confirmed. With this, you have lost your Servant, and are now worthless as a Master.

Gilgamesh: Hn, a worthless ending. It seems my intuition to have weakened.

...That's unexpected. Giving no comment on my decision, Gilgamesh quietly departs. As if to return to the depths of nothingness where we met.

BB: ...Wait, King of Heroes. Before you return to the chaos, return the command seals you stole from her. Without them, she will remain worthless. I said I would guarantee her safety, and this jeopardizes my position.

Gilgamesh: Hmph. They were an offering sacrificed to me. Why should I have to give them to you. First of all, they won't be necessary. This girl will never return to the Holy Grail War. That's what your protection means, doesn't it? There is no longer any meaning in whether she is a Master or not.

...Gilgamesh disappears into darkness. All that remains is me and this thoroughly mechanical BB.

BB: .........

BB looks down at me in silence...

Unable to endure the utter silence, I turn my back on BB and run. But there's no way I can escape. I now accept that my choices have brought about the worst possible result.

BB: ...How unsightly. I've held some amount of affection for you, but I've judged it to be unnecessary. Senpai. As you cannot be reinstated as a Master, your rights as a human being will likewise no be restored. The form of your guaranteed safety will be computed from protection into custody. Disappear. As you have no value as a human, you are less than an item, a mere thing.

[As she continues to run, Hakuno is dissolved into colour and sealed into a cube.]

BB :: As promised, I will guarantee your safety

BB :: As promised, I will guarantee your safety. Until the end of the universe, you will be maintained as part of the Moon Cell.

— — I have, no, way, to call, for help — my consciousness — broken — but — not gone — ahh — but, this isn't so — I don't need — to fight anymore — to think anymore —

NEVER END