Entry 36: Another secret, another garden

Warning!High alert!

I leave the Sakura Labyrinth and head back to my private room. Exposing Rin's hidden SG. Rin disappearing like an illusion we had dispelled. ...exploring the Labyrinth took a surprising amount of physical energy. Sleepiness steals over me immediately as soon as I rest my body. Gilgamesh also has his eyes half-closed as he languidly takes his seat. ...No. I think means he's feeling down, not tired...?

Gilgamesh: ...still, this isn't good. While it was a delight to experience the dilemmas of the weak, there is a limit to it. To be pushed about from start to finish by a second-rate Servant...it's almost disheartening.

That's not Gilgamesh's responsibility. While his physical condition did degrade during his long sleep, the original cause of it is my own failings. The reason we couldn't do anything against Lancer was that I couldn't provide sufficient backup or direction. It was my failure as a Master. Before I get back my memories, I need to retrain myself. So I admonish myself. And Rin said it too. "Hakuno Kishinami is the type who'll turn the tables on you eventually if you just let her go." I think she's overestimating me, but now I have to train with Gilgamesh until those words become true.

Gilgamesh: Incorrect. How many times must I tell you not to consider us as the same rank? Your conceit is tremendous. My recovery and your growth are entirely separate matters. Don't even dream that we fight together. Don't speak nonsense.

"We are not companions. Make no mistake," Gilgamesh asserts. ...I lose my nerve again. Compared to that crimson gaze, Lancer's killing intent seems almost cute.

Gilgamesh: Mongrel. Sew your mouth shut and keep that loose tongue in place. If you were a retainer of mine you would have been decapitated by now, however — Currently I am nothing more than a normal king descended from my Gorgeous throne. For that degree of irreverence, you should be profusely doused with water. Be grateful for that sum.

That's an illogical point and from a ridiculously elevated perspective. Also, shouldn't descending from the throne mean he's not a king anymore? And what does he mean by "normal" and "Gorgeous"?

Gilgamesh: However. It is good that you are willing to reflect on your own failings rather than place the blame for your defeat on your Servant. Therein lie your merits. Always questioning yourself leads to servility, but there is also a discerning form of humility. I believe it's commonly called a submissive disposition? Lancer made a good point. Sadism excites the heart of this "Gorgeous."

...perhaps. Has he taken a liking to that "Gorgeous" class name, I wonder...Then maybe that "excessive self-consciousness" – or the "temptation" at the base of it, could also be applied to this self-important king...

Gilgamesh: Mm? Did you say something?

I shake my head in denial. It really is a dangerous template, if that's the case...but, I wasn't joking about that hypothesis. The secrets this man hides. If I could discover them, I might be able to come to understand this Servant...

Gilgamesh: An SG or something? I have no dark past that must be concealed, but I have as many secrets as there are stars in the sky. A king gathers all the pleasures of the earth. I've had no lack of liaisons. Well, nothing I could tell to the populace, though. But that too grew dull. It's what they call too much of a good thing. It's not something to call a triumph. Though, the king's legend consists of what other people say. You can't think of it as some grand delusion, or what I myself would say.

...it sounds like it. It seems Gilgamesh too has an SG, but to get it out of him will be as difficult as capturing a star.

[The game instructs me that if I want to obtain my Servant's secrets, I will have to keep my relationship with him...somehow. But in the meantime, though there's no information in it at all yet, there is a Secret Garden!]

 But in the meantime, though there's no information in it at all yet, there is a Secret Garden!]

  [...Now, I'm not here to tell anyone how to spell "Gilgamesh," but...My god that face. Can't laugh looking at it.]