Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Less than an hour later, Ivie and Brenton walked into an office in Seattle. The lawyer was just coming out of his filing room when they entered and a huge grin pops up on his face. "Look what the cat dragged in, Maureen. Our little Ivie and the big dog of Europe just walked through our doors."

"What?!" The normally gentle voice of Maxwell's mate shouted and you could hear her running on her heels. When she rushed into the room she lunged to take Ivie into her arms and squeezed her tightly to her bosom. "Oh, sweetie, I have missed you so much!"

"Um, dear, I'm pretty sure you will miss her even more if you kill her via suffocation." Max said with a huge grin on his face. He turns to Brenton and held out his hand, "I'm Maxwell Cunningham, her uncle's lawyer. We've known Ivie since she was just a wee bean in her mommy's belly."

"Uncle Max!" Ivie groans as she turns red. "I figured that I would let you know that I'm moving to live and work in the European Council as a Council Warrior."

"Oh, really?" Maureen said and she turns to look Brenton in the eyes and narrowed them onto his face. "Are you the reason why she is taking this big risk?" She asked and he gulps.

"No, Auntie, I have to. I cannot go back to the pack and I have only you two to keep me here. I wanted something steady in my life and being a Council Warrior feels to me like it will give me that steadiness." She smiles brightly at the taller woman.

"Good, thankfully that's where we are going to be stationed at." She eyed Brenton and smirked when he turned white. "Our daughter is mated to one of your councilmen and she wants us closer so that's where we are heading."

"Macie's now mated?" Ivie says while her eyebrows rose. "Wow, I wonder if her mate is intimidated by her?" She asks as she smirks evilly and turns to Brenton to explain, "Macie is just like her mother, except she is half her size."

"Oh, my word," Brenton said and looked to the ceiling.

"I bet you two are here for settling Jacob's will, right?" Max asked with a smile that widened when she nods. "Luckily for you, I have set them aside, having a feeling that you would pop in shortly before we left."

"Wow, got to love the intuition, right?" Ivie says and they all walk to his office to settle everything out.

~<3~

An hour later, Ivie was given another bank's safety deposit box key. With more funds than ever, they headed to the bank next. When she entered the bank manager's office he stood up and shakes her hand. Him being human he just thought of her as a wealthy heiress that is settling out her uncle's will. He looked to her side and she says, "This is Brenton Forte my lawyer. He will be helping place the funds where they should go."

"That would be a good idea, miss. I just need you to sign these papers so that they will be placed into your accounts within the hour. Some of the larger accounts will just be switching into your names but the overseas accounts will have to be transferred back into your accounts in the states." When he says this her eyes widened.

"There's more than one account? I know I have a Switzerland account just for safekeeping but I thought that Uncle Jacob would have invested most of his stuff before his death." She queries and looks at the manager.

"Oh, he did, but he left half of the money to you and since there is a lot they had to split the accounts a few years ago. He wanted to make sure that we knew that all of them would be switched into your name eventually." The man says as he is writing down all that is needed on the paper work. He looked at her and smiled, "I just need you to initial here, and sign here and here." He said as he showed her where to sign.