Chapter Five

Chapter Five

"Why does the Luna have rights?" Joni asked her father. He looks at her with a sad look on his face. She shakes her head and gulps. "Why, dad?"

"Because the stupid bitch killed my daughter and your friend, Stacy." The Luna says with tears clogging her voice. "Hello, peanut." The ex-Luna calls out to her and holds her arms wide. "We've all missed you." She says as tears run down her cheeks. Joni jumps into her arms and starts crying for her lost friend. She was wondering where she was and why no one even mentioned her.

"The only reason why your mother is even alive is because we want to see her face when she see's you one last time." Joe says while he puts his hands on his sobbing daughters' shoulders. He looks over at Charlie who is starting to panic. "Calm down Charlie, she will be fine. I do want to ask you a favor though." He says as he turns to the young man. "Can you please be there with my daughter for a little while? I know that you both have had a rough start but I myself can see your sincerity towards my daughter."

"Where are you going?" He asked his soon-to-be father in law.

"I have some business down in South America that is pressing for me. A few of the packs around here are coming with me to deal with the pack that lied to us." He grits his teeth. "You see, we didn't stop in America in our search of Joni. We went to other countries considering how wolves have a tendency to rove wide and far." He furrows his brows. "This one pack has lied straight to our faces when we went there to search for her." As he says this Joni spun around and disbelief showed in her eyes.

"You went there to look for me?" Her hope flares up brightly and she smiles softly at her father. Charlie went to her and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Yes, sweetie." He smiles brightly at her and kisses her forehead. "I think they hid you at that point and made it where we couldn't scent you. The whole pack is covered in scent blocker."

"Oh, they are. Except for the females and children. That could have been the time that they made me go and slave over the stove in the basement with a few other girls." She said and he smiled.

"Well, lucky for me and the other Head Warriors then as we believe they are all rogues." He says and directs all of them into the pack house for dinner.

~<3~

Before they even got a chance to go down to the prison, the Head Councilman decided he wanted to be there for the execution. Claude smiles at the couple who are now sporting mate marks and their scent is so intertwined with each other even though they have yet to complete the mating. A few of the unmated males that were in Joni's age group pouted when they saw the marks but otherwise everyone was happy that the two decided to stick together.

"Okay, I guess we better get this show on the road." Claude says and they all head to the ceremonial chambers where Joni's mother will be put to death. Joni and Charlie sit in chairs right up front besides her father and Alpha Ian. "Might as well bring her in." Ian nods to a warrior who looks at his Alpha.

"Go ahead, Tucker." Ian says and they all watch as the woman is dragged into the room with a bag over her head and her arms in tight restraints behind her back. "We have learned that we have to do a certain rope restraint on her, because when she was arrested and brought to the pack house the first time she got loose and killed Stacy."

"I would have seriously done one where it would have a rope leading to her neck so if she even tries to move it will cut off her air." Joni says causing Charlie's eyes to widen. She shrugs at him and smiles. "What? The rogues had that used on them whenever they were caught by the packs down there. I tend to see it and grin while watching them in hiding."