Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Noel waved as he watched his newly marked mate walk through her exit to get onto the plane. She turned around to blow him a kiss and give him one last grin when her brother tugs her to follow their parents up the hallway leading to their plane. He shook his head at the fact that her grin was so goofy and just like her to be that way. He sighs as he ends up watching the plane take off, toting his one and only away for a family Holiday after they just met. No, they haven't mated because she wants to wait till she finishes High School before she takes that step.

Since he is the only one of the pair that has graduated already he and his wolf is fighting for patience not to take her and claim her. He smiles once he enters the pack house and saw his mother waiting with a smile on her face almost matching his.

"Hey, mom. I'm back now." He tells her and kisses her cheek. "Dad still over working himself?" He asks and she nods with a sigh.

"I keep on telling him not to but he wanted to do all of this so you could spend the last week with Bella before her and her family went on their vacation. Why couldn't you have gone with her?" She asked as she was always wondering this.

"Her parents didn't want me to come. Said that this will be their last vacation with their only daughter being unmated." He shook his head. "I still think that they don't like me. I know they have been here for five years but there has to be a reason for that, right?" He asked looking at his tiny mother.

"You know some packs have issues and make the pack leaders come off as harsh and cruel. Well, that's what their old pack was like, the Alpha was killed by his own son because they still lived like the dark ages and the old Alpha is killed off in a brutal fight with the challenger. So just imagine what the rest of the pack was like and how they dealt with things." She explained to him while they start walking up the steps towards his father's office. "I'm glad there aren't many packs out there like theirs and I know even though he killed his father, he had reasons to take over the pack. They said that the first day of him being Alpha he killed off all of the leaders to bring in his own and Bella's family was too worried that they would end up dying because of the new Alpha, so they all left." She then knocks on the door and enters when her mate says to. "Don't worry; maybe they will warm up to you as they get to know you."

"I sure hope so." Noel says as they walk towards their father who is now looking at the weather forecast on the news. An emergency message was flashing letting everyone know that there is a storm approaching and not to go outdoors. They watch the news and saw the freak thunder storm break out from nowhere and gather in strength, and then the bulletin flashed to a camera that is showing a major cloud from the storm piling up and lightening streaking across the sky. A sharp pain hits him straight in the heart and he cries out in pain and falls to his knees. "No...she can't be..." Noel then faints from the feeling of his bond with his mate shatter with her death. His mother and father rush to him as a reporter is shown on the screen in the news room.

"Just now we have been notified that flight 258 leaving from San Francisco to Hawaii has struck down by this storm. We have no information just yet only that the plane was going down as the pilot has issued a Mayday alert over the com link. We will keep you all posted to see if there is any updates, until then please stay inside as the storm is on our shore front." The news ends and goes straight to a commercial when the doctor rushes into the office and looks at the Alpha heir unconscious in his parents arms.

"What happened?" He asks as he kneels down besides them.

"From what we have gathered via the news, Bella's plane was struck by lightning and they issued a Mayday alert." Alpha Nigel said as he lifts his son in his arms. "Before the alert happened on the news he fell to his knees in pain, at that time I think it's when she died." They all look at the male in his arms and they take him down to the infirmary while pack members are all watching on with tears in their eyes.