Chapter Four

Chapter Four

The night has finally arrived and Charley is really nervous. She looked at her mother and her soon-to-be mother-in-law, who were standing there contemplating on how her hair and makeup should be done. "Okay, the question now is which do we do?" Marla says to Mary as they were trying to decide which would do makeup or hair.

"I can do her hair; you are the better one for the makeup. You did love doing mine all the time in school." Mary says to her with a bright smile. "I don't think that we will have to worry about her looks much on the makeup front but you could still do a bit of toner here and there. Nothing too heavy as she does have her natural beauty that flashes brightly."

"I agree." Marla says and grins while pulling out her extensive collection of makeup that she's gathered through the years. Mary's eyes widen and she looks at her friend.

"You have gone way above your old collection, Mar Mar." The woman says as she looks at everything.

"Don't underestimate my mother with her makeup knowledge. Just because she's an author doesn't mean that is the only field she has knowledge on. Moving is hectic with this since it takes up like three large suitcases just to even get it all." Charley says looking at her mom.

"You know how I am, dear. I have to learn a lot on different fields so I tend to research or teach them hands on." Marla says while grinning widely.

"Okay, let's get to work." Mary says while rolling her sleeves up.

*************************

Everyone in the pack is rushing around trying to get the finishing touches done for this ceremony. When Alpha Nigel placed the last of the chairs down into place everyone could hear the first car approach. "Where is my mate?" He asked one of the pack females who grinned and points to the back door where he saw his mate waiting for him patiently with a smile on her face. He walks up to her and wraps an arm around her waist while lifting her lips to his in a gentle kiss. "The first guest has arrived, my dear. Why don't we go and greet them." He crooks his arm at her and she wraps her hand around it, following his lead to the front of the pack house. He opens the front door and welcomes in their first guest. "Well, well, if it isn't Head Council Axel. My esteemed brother-in-law." Alpha Nigel says with a huge grin on his face and he embraces the man.

"Still taking care of my little sister, right?" He asks and looks down at Luna Mary. "You are still so short, squirt." He said and she growls playfully while punching his stomach.

"I'm not short." She growls. "Anyway, come in and find a seat in the back yard. I'm sure you will have no issue of finding a seat. The ceremony will start in half an hour." She saw Alpha Graham and his entourage behind her brother and her eyes widened when she realized who decided to tag along. "Oh, this might be a fun night." She quietly says where only her brother and her mate hear her. The two men look behind them and grins widen up and they greet the group.

"Come, gentlemen. Find your seats and you will see the start of everything shortly." Alpha Nigel says and two females lead them away. "I can tell already he is in for a world of hurt when he notices who Noel is being mated to. Your brother will be the one who will make sure that he won't be able to do anything."

*************************

Noel paces back and forth in his room as he waits patiently for the time to pass until the beginning of the ceremony starts. He tugs on his tie trying to get the bow right and looks at it in the mirror. Growling out he hears a laugh behind him and turns to see his best friend Drew shaking his head at him.