Chapter One

Chapter One

Councilman Edward looked at his brother and shook his head. He is staring at his oldest with what looks like dollar signs in his eyes. "Your children are not magnets for making you money, Albert." When his brother looked at him with an eyebrow raised.

"What?" He asked.

"I see the way you look at Dee, Albert. There is no way you should ever look at your child that way. If my mate were still alive I would love every child I was given, but since I don't have children I think of yours as the next best thing. It appears to me that your daughter is loved more by me than she is by you. What's so bad is she is almost an adult and you think of her this way." He stared at his little brother with disappointed eyes.

"Why can't I? Heck, she's started dating Dominic six months ago and he's an Alpha's heir." The man grins. "That should earn us some props, right?" He said in what Edward hoped to be a joking tone.

"What the heck is wrong with you? Why are you now starting to be so money hungry?" He asked as he watched Dominic walked over and hugged Dee, who ends up standing on her tip toes to kiss his cheek. "Our family has tons of money being the fact that we have been council members for generations, so how could you turn out this way?"

"Ever thought it was because I have no control over the family fortune? I have to go through you just to even get approval to use any of it." Lisa walked up to her sister and Dominic, eyeing him up much to his disapproval.

"I cannot approve of a lot of the things you tried to get money for. For instance, I've noticed that not one bit of that money was even used on your oldest. You spoiled your youngest and now she's turned into a slut." He points out towards the young group, where Lisa just grabbed a hold of Dominic's ass. When he growls at her Dee shoved her sister down on the ground.

"Never touch what is not yours." She growls at her sister who just recently started turning into a pack slut.

"He's not yours either." Lisa whines to her while Dominic wraps his arms around Dee to calm her down.

"Never touch me like that again, slut. I am taken until she finds her mate and even afterwards I wouldn't stoop so low to go after a slut in the first place." Dominic tells her.

"Who is the one who taught her to be so loose?" Edward asked his little brother who shrugs and turned to look at his mate who is walking around wearing too revealing of clothes.

"Oh, hey, babe." He says while wrapping his arms around his mate and Edward growls.

"While you are on council grounds, you will not run around her barely clad, Marissa. Do I make myself clear?" Edward says as he glares down at the woman.

"Answer him, woman." Head Councilman Tobias said as he enters the dining room where they were at.

"Yes, sir." She tells him with an attitude, which made Tobias grab her by her neck and growl in her face causing puny whimpers to come from her.

"You are a she-wolf that came from a family of no rank, didn't even take us long to see you were trying to go for Edward but couldn't because he was already mated. You're a slut who slept into the ranks and didn't even do it right considering that Albert isn't even the next appointed one to take over for Edward." He growls at the woman whose eyes widen and she looks at her mate.

"What? I thought I get his position if anything happens to him." Albert growls out.

"No, it isn't a position you get by birthright, you ass. I chose him to take his position because I trust him and you and your little slutty mate and youngest daughter could go jump off a cliff for all I care. No, the position will go to Derek when your brother is no longer capable of taking care of his spot on council." As Tobias says this Albert growls drawing everyone's attention to him.