Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Five minutes later she was running down the street for a Taxi when one pulled up front letting Alpha Glen out. She soon took a Taxi and met up with Brenton and as she sat down, her phone rang.

"Where is he?" A voice growled out in her ear.

"Who is this?" She asked.

"The Head of the American Council, sweetheart, you are in deep trouble." He growls, making Brenton take her phone.

"It is not Ivie that needs to be punished for a thing. We met in England and I had no clue she was a she-wolf." He explains into the phone.

"Can we meet somewhere?" Head Councilman Morris asks Brenton who looks over at the other two with him.

"I'll meet you at West House in an hour, does that sound appeasing?" Brenton says while his lips hold a smirk.

"Only if you bring Ivie with you." He sounded like he wasn't taking a no for an answer.

"Fine, but tomorrow. Today the three of us are going to be doing some sightseeing. I have been out of the country for the last 6 years and have never visited New York before." She said and Head Councilman Morris growled, making her smile and say, "Take my word that I and my two companions will be back at my hotel tomorrow at 8 A.M."

"Fine, but he needs to report in." Morris says after grunting into the phone. She looks at Brenton who nods.

"He heard and agreed. Goodbye now." She ended the call and turned off her phone. They all laughed and ordered a meal.

"The food here is so different." Brenton says after sighing over his empty plate, making Ivie snort.

"I was in Japan for two years that was different." She said and Brenton moves closer to her.

"Let your scent out Ivie." He says and she looks over at Harry who grinned and looked away.

"Fine." She sighs, and then her wolf unblocked their scent and quickly blocked it again as Head Councilman Brenton's eyes flashed to his wolf's.

"You're still pure and oh so strong. Did you find your mate yet?" He asked her and she sighs.

"I was rejected and ousted from my pack not 15 minutes after my dad was murdered." They both held in their growls so that they wouldn't draw anyone's attention. "My mother was being chased by rogues before she met my father, who was with Jacob when they found her. Not even two years after they mated, both my dad and Uncle Jacob found my mother's headless body with her head still sitting on the stump. My Uncle Jacob is another that rejected his mate, since she cheated on him. A few months after he settled in with us, he was diagnosed with cancer. Then two weeks after I was rejected and my father murdered, I had to burry Jacob as well." She pauses to take a deep breath. "I came back to America as my mate finally claimed another and severed the mate bond. Then being sent to California for a short bodyguard assignment and that led me here."

Head Councilman Brenton took her hand and picked it up and quickly bit her, injecting his venom in her, sealing it and reads her memories. He quickly froze as every single one of her memories flood his brain like a movie reel, showing him that she was telling the truth. "We need to go for a walk to get out of here Ivie." He kept hold of her hand, so they stood and quickly as Harry rushed to place money down for their meal. "I want you to come back to England Ivie; this place is too filled with pain for you and your wolf."