Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Noel yawns and stretches in his bed then sniffs the air smelling the bleach. His brows furrow and he gets up to go into his bathroom, the room is spotless and the smell of bleach is over powering inside of it. He remembers the woman and a smile turns his lips as he thought of the blond that came in earlier. I have to thank her earlier for this. He thought. Yeah, that wonderful smelling she-wolf actually cleaned up after us, even with us growling at her. You should find her and see if she is okay. Remember, she was crying that one day. Noel nods and turns on the shower, waiting for the water to get hot and smiled at the fresh new towels put within reach of the shower. He shakes his head as he gets in and cleans his body.

************************

He walks down into the kitchen since the smells were drawing him there. As he stepped through the doorway a small sprite of a blond is dancing around while she ices up some cinnamon buns that were cooling on a rack. He looks over to see a rack of cooling cookies and the oven was filled with what looks to be the starting of a cake. Not those kinds that the lazy person just puts in a pan that's rectangle but the real kind that's circle and two layered.

Her constant singing put a small smile on his face and he inhales the air getting a small whiff of her real scent, which tells of her innocence and a small hint of her power. His eyebrows quirk and he leans against the door jam. "Now, I know my mother isn't the best of bakers so I have a feeling she put you up to this baking storm." He said as he crosses his arms and she squeals turns around and quickly throws the spatula at his head. He barely caught it before it hit him and watched as a drop of icing hit the floor. "Don't mind if I do." He grins at her and licks the spatula while she glares at him.

"What is with people love to scare me? I think everyone has the memo. 'Scare Charley so bad eventually we will give her a heart attack.'" She growls out.

"Nah, we just like seeing you frazzled." He said as he wagged his eyebrows at her.

"Look at you, Mr. Alpha. Actually out of his bed, huh? Are you feeling any better?" She asks him, making his eyebrows rise.

"Oh, I'm great. You though, I have a bone to pick with you. You made my room smell like bleach." He glared at her playfully.

"Can't help that; especially when you don't clean your own bathroom. I actually had to and I'm allergic to mold." She glares back and watches him continue to lick the spatula while plopping down on the seat to the bar in the kitchen.

"Yeah, I think that's what happens when you lose a mate. You end up losing all motivation to do anything at all. If it wasn't for you cleaning my bathroom, I might still be in bed." He says while sadness fills his eyes as he looks down at the utensil in his hand.

"Now that, I can understand, I wanted to do the same thing. The only thing that stopped me was my mother, little sister and the fact that I just lost my father." She sighs and gets out another spatula to finish the icing job. "I think the hardest thing I did was looking at others around me and feel their pity."

"You lost your mate, too?" He asked with wide eyes.

"Not in the same way you have, but yeah. Though he didn't really reject me, he abandoned me on the day we met. Just left me there in the restaurant and took off, no name, no number to contact him, no another meeting place." She sighs as she puts a glob of icing on one of the buns. Pausing, she looks at him. "Do you have any clue why he would do something like that?" She asked as she was trying to hold back the tears.