Chapter One

Chapter One

Ivie sighs as she leaves the pack house trying to find her mate. He has been avoiding her the whole day and she is wondering why. Looking at the sky, she notices the sun is closer to setting and she hurries home so that she could cook dinner for her and her father. She wonders when they were going to go and visit Jacob again. Jacob being the man who is like an uncle towards her she smiles just thinking of planning a trip to Washington to see him in the hospital.

She walks into the house and stops. Ivie didn't see at first as the strange man was suddenly standing in front of her. Hearing the gasp, she moved quickly and looked around the stranger. She gasps and tries to run to her dad but was stopped. "Daddy!" She cries out as the two men who are holding her dad's arms behind his back, making him kneel on the ground. One has his throat in his hand and the other growls into his ear.

"No!" She screams out as they pull his head back and rips his throat out. She yanks herself from the man's arms and runs to her dad. She reaches him as they drop him to the ground, making her fall to the floor besides him as the overwhelming grief at seeing her dad being murdered before her eyes.

She didn't even get to say goodbye so she kissed his forehead and whispers. "At least now you can be with your mate, dad. I love you and will miss you both so much." The men growled at her and one grabs a handful of her hair, pulling her to her feet. She looks at each of them, making sure she got their scents too, then looks at the male who stopped her from getting to her dad.

"Who are you? Tell me now!" He growls the loudest out of all three men.

"Someone who will be the beginning of your death." She says as she looked at him and the next second she used her ability to teleport herself out of the house, her destination her tree house. She sniffles as tears finally come to her eyes and she takes a deep breath. "Alpha Glen, there are three invaders on the pack territory. They've just murdered dad in cold blood."

"Show me." He growls out in her head. She sent him the memory, from start to finish. "They won't make it out alive, count on it, Ivie." He growls louder seeing the images flashing in his brain like a television was being played out. He was always in awe of her abilities and still thought that there was more that he didn't realize about his son's mate. Ivie erects a barrier around the house to bar them from leaving her home.

"What the fuck?" One of the men growls as he tries to open the front door. "It won't budge!"

"Find another way to get out." The leader of the three growls and they all tried opening windows and doors to escape. When they found none the men all growl out. "We're surely dead now." Ivie notices the pack warriors arriving and her legs collapse making her land on her knees. She lifts the barrier and covers her eyes since the warriors shift back naked to enter the house while growling loudly.

"Ivie, I need to talk to you now." Andre her mate tells her through the mind link.

"Okay, I will be right there." She answers him back and since she didn't have the energy to teleport herself she walks back to the pack house. Once at the pack house, she noticed he was outside waiting and pacing on the front porch. Her wolf growls in her head as they smelled the female scent all over him as he had sex with another. She removes all emotions from her face as she takes a deep breath. "I'm here, Andre."

"What took you so long, Ivie?" He grunts at her.

"I'm tired and was at my dad's." She answers him and he jumps off of the porch to come to her. She scented the female's scent now and knew who her enemy was. He scans her face and saw the tears but didn't care or make a comment.