Chapter Two

Chapter Two

The next day she dressed in a black dress, heels; added sunglasses with hat and veil and headed to the cemetery. Closing her car door, she put on her glasses and hat as it was a very sunny day. She walks around to her passenger side to open the door and retrieved the armful of flowers, heading to the three plots inside of the cemetery. The priest watches the girl, knowing that she is full of grief, he watches her every movement with sad eyes. She shakes his hand and stood in front of the caskets that will be lowered into the graves soon.

"We're here today to bid farewell to Mason Gregory Chevers. He was a wonderful father and husband. Even though he lost his wife tragically, he still stayed with his path as a brilliant botanist and a pharmaceutical scientist. He has made breakthroughs through his field and believed that everything can be fixed with natural medicines that will not harm the body. He is survived by his wonderful daughter, that he raised by himself since his wife was taken abruptly." The whole time the priest was saying her father's eulogy, Ivie's eyes were pouring out tears. She would continue blinking them away but they have proven to fall endlessly, showing everyone the grief inside of her heart.

After everyone left, Ivie dropped to her knees and bows her head down, letting the tears flow freely. The priest places his hand on her head and blesses her, only to leave so that she could be alone in her grief. Alpha Bruno and Beta Timmons with a dozen warriors flew in by jet. They rented cars to head straight to the cemetery. When they arrived there was only one car in the lot, raising their eyebrows, since they figured that maybe there wouldn't be anyone at the grave. "Let's go see." Bruno says as he gets out with a sigh. The beautifully groomed cemetery looked vast to their eyes and they had to look at the directory board that is by the entrance to the cemetery. When they got their directions they all started walking to the plots that Ivie gave them the number of to only see a female form bowed in front of the three graves.

They all scented her tears as they moved around her, checking the names on the headstones and soon Alpha Bruno wraps his hands around her delicate shoulders. He lifts her up and takes her hat off, pulling her glasses off after. Her blue eyes shimmer up at him filled with tears that are trickling down her cheeks. Gasping he searches her face, seeing characteristics that he hasn't seen for years and missed seeing. "I knew your mother, by god you look exactly like her." After saying this he pulls her into his arms, hugging her tightly to his chest. "I knew your mother, good lord Ivie. She was my half-sister. We lost track of her and could never find out what happened to her."

"My mother was being chased by rogues when she found her true mate, my dad. He was with Jacob at the time, here in Washington State." Ivie says after sniffling. "Jacob scented her first knowing her scent, my father of course followed and soon the two of them took out the rogues. I was told that the rogues were sent by a person who didn't want her anywhere around your pack."

"Who Ivie, who did they say?" He growled out.

"Introduce me first, Alpha Bruno." She said.

"I would like you to meet my Beta Timmons, and these burly guys behind are my best pack warriors." He growls out and watches as she shakes all of their hands. He then grunts out. "Now tell me."

She takes a deep breath and said, "You are not going to like it Alpha Bruno. It was why you weren't told where my mother ended up and Jacob never told you where he was going." When he growls out at that she smiles and then apologizes, "Sorry, but dad and Jacob used to always growl at me to get me to smile." He grunts and then huffs, making Ivie sigh and say, "The name the rogues said was April Norris."