Rewrite the Stars~ Greatest Showman

Начните с самого начала

"I do feel the same way, Phil," Dan bit his lip and shook his head. "I do." He looked into Phil's blue eyes, they were more confused than ever. "But I can't date you."
"Why not, Bear?" Phil whispered.
"Don't call me that! It's making it harder," Dan snapped, the tears in his eyes grew.

"Then let's make it easy. Help me understand what's got you so worked up," Phil started to walk closer, Dan only backed away.
"Stop," He warned. "Phil, there isn't a way to make us easy," Dan sighed. "No matter what we do, we're going to be bombarded by Phan's left and right. It'll be like everything that's happening right now will be heightened by ten. We're going to be constantly bothered by millions of people about it." Dan was crying again, all he could think about was what toll it would take on them. "And it's just gonna end it," Dan whispered.

You think it's easy
You think I don't want to run to you
But there are mountains
And there are doors that we can't walk through
I know you're wondering why
Because we're able to be
Just you and me
Within these walls
But when we go outside
You're going to wake up and see that it was hopeless after all

Phil thought about Dan's words. "You're wrong," Phil spoke.
"How am I wrong, Phil?" Dan whispered.
"Sure, the Phan's will get worse, but it won't effect us. It didn't effect us before, when we were making out," Phil pointed out. Dan rolled his eyes.
"You don't understand, Phil. That's not what I'm saying," He huffed. "'Cause it'll be different. They'll know and it'll be different."

"How could they stop a connection like ours, Dan? They'll be proud of us, but-"
"Phil, just stop!" Dan finally shouted. Phil stopped, immediately realizing how upset Dan looked. His eyes were red and puffy, his knuckles were turning white because he was squeezing them so tightly. His cheeks were stained with tears and his whole face had turned red. "We can't, okay? I love you, Phil. I do. I feel the same way," A tear dropped down his face. "But we can't date. If we date now, we'll just get torn apart by everyone. It'll be forced and it'll be too much. And if that happens... then it'll only make a worse future," Dan sighed.

"But it's us, Dan. Think about all we've been through already. You really don't think-"
"No, Phil! I don't!" Dan couldn't take it anymore. "I'm going to my room." Dan stormed off, leaving Phil confused and alone.

No one can rewrite the stars
How can you say you'll be mine?
Everything keeps us apart
And I'm not the one you were meant to find
It's not up to you
It's not up to me
When everyone tells us what we can be
How can we rewrite the stars?
Say that the world can be ours
Tonight

Dan shut the door and stood there. He thought about what had just happened. He thought about all the years he looked at Phil differently. How he would stay awake at night thinking about how nice it would be if Phil was a asleep next to him. He thought about the times he dated other people and how he wished Phil was the one holding his hand, kissing him, cuddling with him. How he he always wished he was with him.

But there Dan was. Saying no. Dan fell to the ground. His legs went numb. He curled in a ball. All he could do was cry. He couldn't breath, his chest felt empty. He forgot how to breath. These gasps for air weren't enough. He needed to breath. He needed someone to remind him how.

All I want is to fly with you
All I want is to fall with you
So just give me all of you

Hours later, Phil was still sitting on the couch. He wanted to go to Dan's room. He wanted to tell him everything he was thinking. He wanted to tell him how they could make it work. He wanted to say that the Phans could never split them up. But he couldn't. It wasn't true. The Phans could tear them apart and they both knew it. They could try to make it work, but it wouldn't last. It would just be another forced relationship. It would get so bad, they just wouldn't feel anything anymore.

"I'm going to the store," Phil called to Dan's door. He wanted to go in and give Dan a huge hug, but he knew it was better to leave Dan alone right now.

Phil stepped out the door and started walking. The store was far away, but he wasn't going to the store anyway. He walked to the bridge. The bridge was one of his favorite places. Especially when he needed to think.

He walked along the trail and onto the wood of the bridge. He brushed his fingers along the smooth railing. He stopped halfway and leaned to looked at the water below. It was the middle of winter, so the lake had turned to ice. Phil watched the water move under the thick layer as he thought about what he was going to do. What could he do?

It feels impossible (it's not impossible)
Is it impossible?

Dan felt exhausted. He didn't know how much crying he did, but he knew that it was more than enough than his body could handle. He had a headache from the lack of breaths. He took a deep shaky breath and walked into the kitchen. He wanted to say he was happy that Phil wasn't there, but he wished more than anything he could lay a kiss on those lips.

He walked over to the sink and got a glass of water. The water felt nice after he cried all night. It also felt nice for his head. He glanced at the fridge and frowned. There was his and Phil's grocery list. They always took it when they went shopping. Dan immediately realized where he was. Phil always went to the bridge to think.

Say that it's possible

Phil wiped his nose, he wanted it to be runny because of the cold, but he knew it was just because he was crying. He just wanted Dan. He wanted to kiss Dan. He wanted to love Dan. He just... missed him. He missed him in a way he didn't even know.

"Phil?" He heard from behind him. He wiped the tears out of his eyes. How did a fan find him here? He turned around  and was met with chocolate brown eyes.

How do we rewrite the stars?
Say you were made to be mine?
Nothing can keep us apart
'Cause you are the one I was meant to find
It's up to you
And it's up to me
No one can say what we get to be
And why don't we rewrite the stars?
Changing the world to be ours

Phil wrapped his arms around Dan. He was beyond happy when Dan didn't stop him. They both started to cry.
"I'm sorry," Phil cried to Dan. He put his hand on Dan's head of curls, pulling him closer to his chest. Dan wrapped his arms around his torso, squeezing him as tight as possible.
"I'm sorry, too," Dan cried against his shirt.

They pulled away and Phil smiled at Dan. Dan couldn't take it. He grabbed Phil's coat and pulled him in for a kiss. Phil kissed him back, he was so excited that Dan kissed him this time.

"Please, Dan, date me. Be my boyfriend, so I can kiss you all day long. I want us to have a cheesy, cuddly relationship. I don't want to be just friends anymore," Phil whispered.

You know I want you
It's not a secret I try to hide
But I can't have you
We're bound to break and my hands are tied

"Phil.. we can't," Dan choked out. "When they find out.." Dan sighed.
"Then we won't let them," Phil whispered. He would do anything for Dan, especially if it ended with them together.
"We'd keep it a secret?" Dan asked.
"Until we're ready," Phil pecked him on the lips. "And we'll work everything out. I promise."
"Alright, I'll be your boyfriend," Dan smiled.

——————————

Thank you Axellnicorn for the idea of this chapter!