Smoke (T'Challa)

Alternate Universe
You are M'Baku's sister and you're everything like him but just more approachable. You are with M'Baku on a visit when T'Challa finds you in the garden smoking.

"Oh. Hello King T'Challa."

"Hello Kijani."

He sits next to you and sees you're in a simple black tube dress with slides on. He sees the traditional anklet on your ankle.

"My baba gave it to me on my sixteenth birthday. Said I was a true Jabari woman then. I hated it because I thought it made me look like some domestic woman. When he got sick, I put it on and never took it off—except when I shower of course."

T'Challa chuckles.

"You smoke?"

"I did once as a teen."

"Would you like some? Zuri gave me some. Apparently, smoking the leaves of the heart shape herb gives the same feeling of smoking weed."

"Really?"

"According to Zuri. I know among the Jabari, besides growing our own strains, we sometimes smoke the leaves of the golden herb."

"Is it customary?"

"To smoke? When the families gather on Sundays for dinner, a blunt or smoking pipe is passed around. You have to be 13 or older to smoke from it. It's meant as a bonding experience. Would you like to try?"

You offer him the neatly rolled blunt and he takes it.

"Inhale," you say.

He obeys. You wait maybe ten seconds.

"Exhale."

He blows some of the smoke out.

"You can take a few more hits if you want."

He takes two more before coughing on his fourth time. You chuckle.

"Even M'Baku coughs when he smokes at times."

T'Challa smiles.

"When you visit the Jabari, you have to come smoke with us. You'd love it and you'd feel closer to the tribe."

T'Challa smiles.

"I will."

His beads beep.

"I must go. Council meeting."

"At least you'll be going in stress free."

He smiles as he walks away.
🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
You were serious: T'Challa felt so relaxed that even when the bickering started he didn't feel the tension he normally did. He's going to have to thank you.

He sighs making everyone look at him.

"I think the River tribe is right but we can't ignore the fact that M'Baku raises a good point: it will be difficult to create the irrigation system."

They settle down.

"Shuri can see if there's a way to create it. In the meantime, I think we have covered a few topics today and that we should call it a day."

They mumble in agreement. The meeting ends and T'Challa makes his way back to his room. He sees you in the hallway.

"Chieftess Kijani."

"Kijani is Fine my king."

"Than I insist you call me T'Challa."

You smile.