Pray (M'Baku & Erik Killmonger)

Alternate Universe
You never wanted to marry M'Baku but he picked you out of all the tribe girls. You don't even do what the other girls do. Yes, you know all the domesticated shit that you're suppose to do, your parents never forced you to be like a "proper" Jabari woman. Maybe it's because you have three older brothers.

You sit on the windowsill, watching as the snow falls. You're in a black jumpsuit and a fur is around you. M'Baku sees you and just stares. You look beautiful and he reminds himself that he's blessed to have you for a wife.

He walks over and hugs you, kissing your temple. You close your eyes as he kisses you. He sits next to you, holding your hand.

"How was the meeting?" You ask softly, still looking out the window.

"The same old. They are angry with my decision to join the council."

"As expected."

You stand, leaving your fur, as a servant enters with tea. You thank her before making yourself a cup and doing the same for M'Baku. He thanks you as you sit back down.

"I got next week. Would you like to come with me?"

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"Yes."

You chuckle at your husband's face.

"Then I shall go."

He smiles at you, kissing your hand.

"Thank you."
👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑
M'Baku has no idea where you got the modern clothes the other tribes wears but he would be lying if he said you didn't look good. You are in a black hooded tunic that stops about mid thigh with thigh high black boots. You have one of his furs that hangs from your shoulders and trails slightly behind you. You have on your signature black choker and your black hoop earrings.

You walk with him to the council where you offer to stay until the meeting starts. The elders look at you with curious eyes but shuri is the one who approaches you.

"Hi! Princess Shuri. You are...?"

"Xavion, wife of M'Baku."

"Wife?!"

You raise an eyebrow before looking at M'Baku. He looks away and you chuckle.

"Yes, wife. Has he not mentioned me?"

"Not at all," the river tribe elder says.

"Is that so?"

M'Baku feels your nails press into his cheek and he moves your hand, holding it.

"We will talk about this later," you whisper in his ear and he nods.

You kiss his forehead before walking out, brushing past the prince and the king.

"Who's the fine woman in black?" Erik asks.

"Erik..."

"M'Baku's wife," Shuri says.

Erik gawks.

"His wife? Her?!"

"N'Jadaka!"

"Sorry Aunty."

The meeting begins.
👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑
M'Baku enters the quarters and sees you sitting on the couch, exchanged your boots for socks, fur around you. You are reading and have a wine glass in your hand.

He sits next to you and you look at him with cool eyes.

"I...it wasn't that I didn't want them to know...I..."