Second Chance (M'Baku)

Part two of Pray
You wake up to find yourself curled in Erik's side and Tulsa's head on your side. You bury your face in Erik's neck and he groans, turning his head.

"Zindzhi..."

"Sorry."

"S'fine."

You two fall back asleep.
👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑
M'Baku didn't sleep at all, worried and upset. He scolds himself. Why would he ever think you slept with Prince N'Jadaka? If anything, you had a higher chance of sleeping with Shaju, the warrior had been courting you when M'Baku announced he wanted to marry you but even M'Baku knew that isn't true. You're a loyal wife, even though you had admitted during the interview with him and the elders that you have no idea why M'Baku wants you and that you have no desire to be Chieftess.

He showers before dressing in traditional Jabari lounge attire: grey sweats with a matching thin sweater. He sits down by the window and looks at the city which is slowly coming to life. The sun is slowly rising though the sky, some pink and orange still staining the sky.

M'Baku wishes you were here. You always woke up to see the sunrise. You'd sit quietly in the bedroom and watch, a fur wrapped around you. He would join you, holding you pressed against his chest and his chin on top of yours.

He wishes you were here right now. You always smell like vanilla and it's a smell that M'Baku has associated with comfort. Even though you never wanted this you did your duty as his wife perfectly. You provided comfort when he needed, soft words when he is mad, soothing words to calm his worries. You are the silent strength he never knew he needed till he married you.

M'Baku watches the city and wonders where you are and if you're still angry with him.
👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑
You and Erik sit in the Queen's garden eating breakfast. The servants gave you a plain black tube dress and slides. Erik loaned you one of his robes which you wear how you always wear your furs. You laugh as Erik tries to keep the Panther cub from stealing the bacon on his plate.

"Jesus! Take the damn bacon! I ain't hungry!"

You giggle as the Panther takes the bacon and runs off. Erik pouts and you chuckle, wiping a piece of grease off his face. He smiles.

"You feel better?"

"Yeah. Thank you."

"It's my pleasure. You still want to see the rhinos?"

"Yes I do. I also want to visit the merchant tribe."

"Let's do the rhinos first. We can hit the merchant tribe in the evening."

"Works for me."

You two finish breakfast before a servant cleans up and you two head out.

Erik takes a picture as you pet the rhino. W'Kabi smiles as the large beast licks your cheek.

"I see Gur has taken a liking to her as well."

"Isn't Okoye her favourite?"

"Yes she is. I'm convinced she only likes women."