Ignite (Erik Killmonger)

Part Two of Blow Up
Erik begins coming to the temple more and more often. He would talk to you, looking to you for advice. He would sleep in your bed as you tended the temple and lead rituals or saw people.

Erik finds himself not wanting to go to war. He finds your presence calming, your words wise and soft. When T'Challa returns, Erik gives him back the throne. Of course this is under a threat of skinning him alive from you.

Shuri giggles as Erik gives the throne up after that threat. She also thinks it's because Erik doesn't want to fight you because when T'Challa returns you have traded your ritual staff for a vibranium spear and had a hard look in your eyes.

Currently, T'Challa and Erik are looking at plans for a new outreach center in Chicago, IL.

"Amari is a scary lady isn't she?"

Erik snorts.

"For a high priestess, she seems more like Hanuman at time."

T'Challa laughs.

"More like all three."

"Three?"

"Yes. There is Bast, Hanuman, and the Golden Jaguar. He is the protector of Bast when she fights and the friend to Hanuman. Amari is all three. Must be why M'Baku likes her so much."

"He likes her?!"

"Yes. She is visiting his tribe right now. Did she not tell you?"

"I mean she did but you said M'Baku likes her! What if—""

"Amari will rip M'Baku a new one if he tries anything."

Erik frowns.
🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙
You return and Erik all but runs to you. You smile as he gives you his signature smirk before hugging you. You smell like wood and spices. You walk to the throne room, greeting the council and T'Challa. Erik waits patiently for you to finish talking.

"He has been so fidgety."

"He misses you. He was worried M'Baku would try something with you."

"I mean he did..."

"Don't let him know that."

Erik glares at the chief of the Jabari and wants to strike him but swallows his anger. You are a grown woman and he has no claim to you.

No claim.

The jaguar in Erik roars at this realisation while Erik swallows the lump in his throat. He turns, leaving the throne room making all chatter stop.

You frown and a look of concern comes over T'Challa.

"I'll check on him."

He nods as you leave the throne room.
🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙
Erik never considered himself religious but here he is praying to Bast. Or any god who would listen after everything he did. Maybe this was punishment. He can't have the woman he wants because he has done such evil.

He feels a hand on his shoulder and he looks up to see your soft brown eyes looking at him. He feels a tear run down his cheek but he doesn't bother wiping it away.

You brush it away with the pad of your thumb and pull him close. Erik collapses in your arms and cries quietly, you rubbing his arms and pressing a kiss to his forehead.

Erik hates this.
🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙
Erik begins avoiding you, hiding from you. You notice and huff as Erik enters the throne room, sees you, and quickly turns and exits.