Husband & Wife (T'Challa)

Requested by @purplesinger07
Slight AU
You listen in shock as T'Challa tells you about his cousin who your father left along with his father in Oakland and who may now be on his way with Klaue.

"Babe...I..I need a drink."

T'Challa laughs as you pour yourself a glass of wine—your favourite Rosé wine, White Merlot—and take a long sip.

"So let me get this: Zuri, my father, was a war dog in Oakland way back when we were kids. Right?"

"Yes."

"And he was with N'Jobu, your uncle, King T'Chaka's brother. And he helped steal the vibranium with Klaue."

"Yes."

"And T'Chaka confronted his brother and in a moment of fury of finding out Zuri was the one who snitched on him, N'Jobu pulled a gun and to save my baba's life, T'Chaka put a panther claw in his brother's chest."

"Yes."

"And if that wasn't bad enough, both men left N'Jobu and then left his orphaned son, N'Jadaka, your cousin, behind in Oakland."

"Yes."

"And now, he's coming back for revenge?" You say, eyebrow raised.

"Yes."

You blink before refilling the glass and then taking a swing from the bottle making T'Challa laugh.

"Dear Bast...do you want a drink? Because this whole story has me ready to finish this bottle."

T'Challa laughs as he stands, walking over to you and taking the bottle. He puts it to the side before kissing you. He tastes the sweet wine and smiles at you.

"Have I told you how much I love you?"

"Everyday my king."

"What should I do my queen?"

You look at your husband.

"Be honest. If he walks in that throne room, you publicly acknowledge him. He is the prince after all."

"And if he challenges me?"

"You beat his ass."

T'Challa laughs before kissing you again as he hugs you close to him.

"I love you my queen."

"And I love you my king. Now, I'm going to go finish my work with this glass of wine. Don't do anything I wouldn't do."

"That isn't much my love."

You shrug and T'Challa chuckles again before returning to his own office.
🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷
You rub T'Challa's shoulder as he looks at his cousin. He looks at you and you know he's terrified.

"Prince N'Jadaka," you say, standing.

He looks at you.

"Who are you?"

"Queen Neith Badu, daughter of Zuri Badu, wife to king T'Challa."

He looks at you and you frown.

"Take these cuffs off W'Kabi. Also, ring."

W'Kabi blinks and you hold your hand out.

"Now."

He places the ring on the chain in your hand and you look it over.

"T'Challa, sweetie."

"Yes love?"

"Come here."