The Scientist (M'Baku)

M'Baku sees you and his heart stops for a good thirty seconds. He's sure of it. You are in a yellow tube dress that stops a little below your knees and white sneakers. Your hair is in two neat puffs and your round black glasses sit on your face, making your already bright dark brown eyes even brighter. You have a black choker on with matching black hoop earrings and your kimono bead bracelet.

"Who is that?" M'Baku whispers to W'Kabi.

"The woman in yellow? That's Isabis. She's the second lead scientist. She and Shuri have worked together since Shuri was 10 and she was 15. They're both geniuses."

"A scientist..."

W'Kabi rolls his eyes as M'Baku says the word with distaste.

You bounce before hugging T'Challa with Shuri before taking the seat next to M'Baku. Shuri sits with her.

"We haven't met before: Isabis Wavuka, Co-head scientist for Wakanda."

You stick your hand out and M'Baku hesitates to take it. Your hand is so...small.

"M'Baku, Chief of the Jabari."

You smile as he shakes your hand.

"Pleasure to meet you."

You turn and begin talking to Shuri and the Mining tribe elder, laughing.

T'Challa calls the meeting to attention and you fall silent.
🔬🔬🔬🔬🔬🔬🔬🔬🔬🔬🔬🔬🔬🔬🔬🔬
M'Baku glares as the ambassador interrupts him again. He barks to silence him and you jump.

"Interrupt me again and I will feed you to my children."

Everyone stares in shock as the Ambassador all but shits himself.

"Just joking: we are vegetarians."

The ambassador gives a nervous laugh and you bite your bottom lip to keep from laughing as M'Baku finishes his statement. Shuri pokes your side and you quickly sip your water to keep from laughing.

"I think that is enough for today," T'Challa says. "We will finish this tomorrow."

You and the others nod, saluting the king as he ends the meeting. You walk out, talking to Shuri and Erik.

"My favourite part was M'Baku's joke."

"Really?" Shuri says.

"Yeah. It was funny. The coloniser—I mean Ambassador Smith nearly shit his pants."

Erik snorts, chuckling at how the man looked ready to faint at seeing the huge man bark at him.

"Is he single?"

The cousins look at you.

"What?" Shuri says.

"Come again?" Erik says with a tilt of his head.

"I said: is he single?"

"I think he said he has kids so I assume no," Ayo says, joining the conversation.

You sigh.

"I swear all the good looking men are gay, taken, or dead."

"Hey!" Erik exclaims. "I'm single!"

You, Shuri, and Ayo side-eye him.

"Okay, Okay. I'm dead or taken."

You laugh as you hug Erik, him picking you up bridal style causing you to laugh.

"I love ya' Erik."

"I love you, too Isabis."

M'Baku sees Erik carrying you and he frowns. You and Erik are more than friends.
🔬🔬🔬🔬🔬🔬🔬🔬🔬🔬🔬🔬🔬🔬🔬🔬🔬
M'Baku enters the lab and shudders. So much technology. He spots you. You are standing at a table in shorts that hug your figure and a black t-shirt. You have on sneakers and your hair is now in a bun.