Blow Up (Erik Killmonger)

Erik's mind wanders as he sits in the throne room. He is thinking of you. You are a Priestess in the temple of Bast and you never said anything. You had shown emotions once: when he killed Zuri. Your face twisted with anger and grief before you ran from the falls, the deep purple robe flying behind you as you ran.

When he told the high priestess to burn the flowers you were stone faced as you put the torch to the plants. When he smirked at you as the flowers burned you were empty in expression and Erik wonders how he could get you to react to him.

You walked through the temple and made sure no one is watching you. You gently pull the herb plant from your robe and walk over to one of the floating beds. You dug a hole and placed it inside. You covered it before saying a small prayer to any god that would listen.

You stood and sighed before trying to restore the temple. The torches glowed as you lit them, the orange flames providing light. You swept and cleaned before walking to the closet and grabbed a package filled with seeds. Taking a hand full you began to plant them.

The other priestess came out and began to help you. You had taken the title of high priestess with Zuri's death. A tear hit the dirt and you wiped it away.

A gentle hand rested on your shoulder and you looked at Latrice, one of the older priestess.

"It will be okay. T'Challa will be avenged."

You sighed.

"By who?"

She sighed as she went back to planting.
🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙
You were sweeping the steps when a servant came running.

"High priestess!"

"Breathe Zulu. What is the matter?"

"The king...he requested your presence!"

You nod before handing him a cup of water. He downs it and smiles.

"Thank you High Priestess."

"Think nothing of it. Tell the king I will be there after I finish the afternoon prayers."

He nods and rubs off as you go to your chambers to change. You switch into the black satin short set that you wear and the robe that Zuri used to wear. You painted the appropriate markings on your face before braiding your hair into two neat braids with bright gold and purple cords in each braid. You finish dressing before walking to the inner sanctuary.

The other priestess are already singing and you join in, your steps light, voice clear, and head held high. You reach the altar and crush a gold berry before pouring it on the statue of Bast before bowing, face low. The other priestess follow.

You pray, speaking in the ancient language of the gods, praying for T'Challa and Wakanda. You pray that Bast has not forsaken the country but most of all, you pray for yourself.
🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙
You nod to Okoye who opens the door and you enter. You still wear your clothing from prayer and hold your head high. Erik lounges in the throne, sipping what you assume is the white wine you and your ladies make. T'Challa prefers the rum.

You sigh as you think of the man. You wonder if he is as dead as Zuri. If he is: is his soul at peace?

Erik notices you aren't looking at him but at the floor . He downs his glass of wine before sitting up.

"High Priestess! Or should I say Amari?"

"Would it make a difference? You'd call me what you please."

Erik smirks and you remain blank. He motions you closer and you obey. Your steps are silent and Erik sees under the robe there is a nice figure.

He pulls you into his lap. You gasp, finally reacting as he squeezes your butt before his hand travels. The sound of a slap breaks the silence of the room and you move back, fixing your clothes.