•5•

That Friday, it was the first football game of the season. And for the team, they had their annual barbecue right after the game at Jungkook's house, since he was the captain. It was an event strictly for cheerleaders and football players, with the exception of significant others who weren't involved in either.

In previous years, Jungkook would just talk to his teammates and admire Taehyung from afar. But this year it was different, their relationship was different.

After the game, which they won, the guys hit the showers. Namjoon was shaking his head in shame as he watched Yoongi chase Hoseok around the locker room, over something that the younger boy had said. It had resulted in the red haired boy slipping and landing straight on his ass, which made Yoongi lose his shit. He laughed so hard, that he also slipped and fell.

"Fuckin idiots." Joon said bluntly.

Back at his locker, Jungkook was already ready, eager to get to his house for the barbecue. He quickly took out his cologne and put some on. Enough to intoxicate but not end enough to suffocate. He was fixing his hair in the reflection on his phone when one of his teammates walked up to him.

"Hm, who ya getting all dolled up for?"

"Oh um, hey Yugyeom. This? It's for no one." Jungkook said quickly, still focused on his hair and getting every piece into place.

"Oh...well you look really good. I like the cologne too." Yugyeom said shyly, "I'll see you at the barbecue." Then he walked back to wherever he had just come from.

Jungkook just let the compliment roll right over his head.

Once he was sure he looked acceptable, he called out for his hyungs. They shuffled out of the locker room and to the parking lot where Jungkook's car was.

He tried not to speed home, not wanting to get a ticket, but he did it anyway.

His back yard began to fill up with football players and cheerleaders as the minutes went by. Namjoon started cooking the food while everyone else started cracking open soda and beer cans. After about a cool hour of just drinking and eating, Jungkook had finally decided to go up to Taehyung and his friends.

Hey was greeted by the three guys cheerfully. "Oh hey Kookie, you look really good. Can't even tell you just played a whole football game."

"Thank you Tae, you also look...amazing." Jungkook stated while looking Tae up and down, subconsciously licking his lips. That's when the natural jock side of him came out, "Yeah, I heard you cheering for me out there."

"Jungkook, I'm a cheerleader, I cheer for the whole team." Tae rolled his eyes but still sounded playful.

"Oh please, I am the team." This made Tae laugh, but Jungkook secretly got extremely scared, looking around to see if his hyungs were around. Because if they heard him say that....dear lord...he would have an ass kicking real soon.

"Hate to interrupt, not really, but um hello." Jimin stayed loudly, sticking his head between the two. He was shortly followed by Jin. Both of them clearly drunk already.

"Hey, Jungcock." Jin slurred. "I just wanna apologize about what I said the other day on FaceTime."

"Same, I didn't know you were gonna pick up the phone. I didn't mean any of the things I was saying, ᵘⁿˡᵉˢˢ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᶦⁿᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵗʸᵖᵉ ᵒᶠ ˢᵗᵘᶠᶠ, but yeah, sorry. Now I'm gonna go find my boyfriends. Have you seen Yoongi or Hoseok? I am incredibly horn-"

"Yep that's enough Jimin." Tae pushes the short boy away, making him stumble a little bit before rolling his eyes and starting his search by himself. Jin still stood where he was though, awkwardly sipping on his drink.