•prolouge•

It was senior year.

4th and final year of high school.

This marked the 4th year of Jungkook's crush on (in his opinion) the most wonderful person in the school. He was smart, funny, charismatic, so nice, he was just...beautiful.

Beautiful.

Jungkook still remembered the first time he saw him.

~

He had been running late to practice, and it was his first year on varsity so of course he was a frantic mess. He ran through the halls of the school hurriedly, well more like hopped through the school, because he was also trying to put on his cleats at the same time.

He was so engrossed in his shoes that he didn't notice the boy walking while looking at his phone about to collide with him. Suddenly the two crashed into eachother, making Jungkook lose his balance and fall, taking the other boy down with him.

"Oh my god, oh my god. I am so sorry, I wasn't paying attention. Are you ok?" Jungkook bombarded the boy with apologies and questions.

"Woah woah, calm down, I'm fine." His voice was deep, like one of the deepest voices Jungkook has ever heard. Then he looked at his phone, which was now cracked. "But my phone isn't."

Jungkook began to take in all of his features. The boy had curly silver locks(dyed obviously), big hazel eyes, and tan skin that seemed to shine. Realizing that they were both still on the ground, Jungkook quickly scrambled up off the floor and reached his hand out to the still nameless boy. "I'm really sorry about that. Uhh, I actually know a guy who fixes phone screens. I'll ask him to fix it for you, if you want of course."

"Uh sure. How much does it cost?"

"Don't worry about that. I'll take care of it. It's the least I can do." Jungkook smiled.

"Oh wow, well thanks. That's really sweet of you....I'm sorry, what's your name?" The silver-haired boy asked.

"Oh uh, I'm Jungkook, Jeon Jungkook." He stuck his hand out for the other to take.

"Jungkook. I'll call you Kook for short, it's cute." The boy chuckled while shaking Jungkook's hand. "My name is Taehyung. You can just call me Tae though. You play football?"

"Y-yeah I do." Jungkook stuttered.

"Well, if I'm not mistaken, don't you have practice right now?" Tae stated with a slight smirk, already knowing the answer.

"Oh shit, shit shit." The raven haired boy suddenly remembered the reason he was in this situation in the first place. He looked at one of the clocks on the wall and saw that he was now 15 minutes late for practice. "I'm sorry, I gotta go. I'll talk to you another time!"

"Ok! Have fun!" He heard Tae yell as he ran down the hallway and out to the football field.

~

Jungkook will probably never forget that day. Those couple minutes that he was completely mesmerized by him. Those first few moments that he began falling in love.

Hey y'all so this is my new story! It's taekook of course. It originated from my Twitter thread of this au, but I got tired of posting it on there so I'm transferring it to here. It's all the same stuff, expect I'll be able to go into more detail here. I hope you like it! Love you guys🤗💜