Chapter 47: The Weird Trio.

Chapter 47

The Weird Trio.

Eleven Months Later...

"I can't believe he missed our Convocation. Harry was supposed to be here three hours ago!" Alina whisper yells in frustration, huffing and puffing about how unfair it is. "Calm Down. The officials at the airport detained him. He could not take the flight." I try to explain her and this makes her eyes go wide. "What! And you are telling me now." I backed away, raising my hands in defence, scared of her furious face. "I had a feeling that he would make it." Okay, I know this won't convince her but it is the truth. She closes her eyes, breathes in a deep breath and looks at me again. "Sorry. I was just.. Anyways, congratulations Mr. Peterson." "You too Miss. Russel." And we shake hand formally with a mocking smile and that's when I know she has genuinely let go of her temper.

"Picture time!" I yell, pulling Alina with me for a picture which has been ignoring since the last ten minutes. "You know I look retarded in pictures." "Doesn't matter." And that's when I click it, framing the amazing moment of my life forever. My parents hug me with a proud look on their face and I see Alina, standing alone watching my family moment. It is clearly visible how she wishes her parents were here but she can't tell them. Considering the duration of the course she is pursuing, she is supposed to have completed her studies last year and that's what she told her parents.

"C'mon here!" I call her, waving my hand to get her attention. She walks towards us with a small smile. "What?" "Get a picture with my parents, I know you miss yours." I try to convince her, all the while my parents listening to the whole conversation. "We are proud of you, Alina." My father says hugging her petite figure and she just couldn't hold the overwhelming emotions because I can see her hugging back with a genuine smile and eyes closed. She finally gets pictures with my parents, me and our classmates.

"Who are we waiting for in this cafeteria?" Alina asks while sipping her cappucinno and looking around the place. "For him." I say with a shrug, mirroring her actions and she easily picks up as to whom I am referring to. "I am not going to wait for him. See you at the practise." And she grabs her jacket, getting up from her chair and walks away without a second glance. "But what about the celebration for-" "Tomorrow, Kevin." She yells back behind her shoulder and she is gone. I know she wanted him to be here too but that doesn't mean she is forgiving him.

~~~

"Thanks for coming to pick me up. Where's Alina?" Harry asks me after a hug as we walk through the exit. "She's uhm, angry." "What for! I have missed her like hell while staying with a team of morons for the mission." "You missed our convocation, mate which reminds me, I am upset about it too." "Don't turn into a drama queen now, Kevin." Harry snaps at me with his threatening glare, as if its my fault.

"Ya right. So I am the drama queen now." I mumble under my breath knowing very well that he must have caught my words as he shifts the car in ignition. Oh yes, he won't let me drive his lovely car because, according to him, I have had enough days with it. He parks the car in the agency to report back the success of breaking a terrorist network in Brussels.

"Well done, my boy!" Grayson pats Harry on the back with a proud smile covering his every feature and he looks at the floor smiling to himself, displaying a hint of shyness that was never seen before on his face. "We will handle the rest from here and how are you injuries now?" "Healing now." Harry replies looking up at the father figure of his life. "You might want to meet her. She is here, in the practise room." Chief informs him and he doesn't waste a second to march down to the long corridor with me following him, trying to keep up with his eagerness.

It wasn't supposed to be dark in here, what happened to the lights? There is not a single spot of light neither a single ting of a sound. Even Harry seems confused as he moves around carefully and asking me to follow him closely. I stay close behind him when a shadow runs past my 9'o clock. Harry signals towards the corner where the shadow disappeared.