Chapter 45: Going Back To Normal

Chapter 45

Going Back To Normal.

One week later...

"So, how's it?" Harry asks me from behind as I stare at my new apartment. "Nice." That's all I say when I turn around to come face to face with him. He smiles looking at me with his twinkling green eyes and I get this weird feeling in my chest. I shake my head and turn away.

The cream coloured walls are already decorated with a few small paintings in the living room, a plush peach couch against one wall with a nice flat screen television on the opposite wall, the counter unit below it and the calm yellow glowing lamps, everything is just giving it a warm feel.

The rooms are similar in the shades of blues and greens with an equally calm kitchen. It has three large bedrooms and I am not sure why a single lady like me would need a house this big. But the best part is, the windows open straight towards the London Bridge, standing tall over the river Thames. This must have cost the agency a fortune, being in the centre of the city and that too this spacious apartment. And I remember Samuel tell me that it is a gift for saving the agency.

It had been difficult packing my belongings and bidding my house a farewell; thanks to both of them, they helped quite a lot. Kevin and Harry can really make a good team unless they are not competing each other because that is when they mess up. I took pictures to keep every corner of that house with me, to keep it close to me. It holds my years of struggle, years of missing my family, celebration of pizza and ice-cream after clearing my first year and then finally getting a job, however worse it was. I leave the glimpses of those flashbacks in the back of my mind and come back to my new place where my eyes are wildly roaming around.

"The boxes have been placed in the inside room, I can help you unpack whenever you would like to." Harry informs me and starts pulling out the containers of food that we picked up on our way. I nod and settle down on the couch with my box of noodles and dig in after a tiring day of moving.

After a few moments of silence, his voice breaks through the room. "You look good, I mean this makeover they gave you.." And that's when Harry Styles gets nervous. I look pretty, I agree but they cut my medium length hair that I was trying to grow longer to a short length and the wavy strands are now totally curly ones in a step cut fashion. They even changed my hair color from dark chestnut brown to light golden brown. My glasses are gone, replaced with lenses that still trouble me but I will have to manage. Thankfully, I still have my spare glasses to be worn inside the house. This makeover haven't changed much of my features yet I look different. "Thanks." I mumble, feeling suddenly self-conscious and he smiles, looking away at the first opportunity that he gets.

The dinner is done and its time for him to leave, not really but he needs to. "If you need any help, just knock on the door." He states as he gets up from the couch and soon he is gone, closing the door behind him and I lock it.

The surprising thing about this flat is that my neighbour is the curly haired, green eyed intelligence agent who saved my life. Yes, Mr. Harry Edward Styles is my neighbour and luckily he has retained the permission from the agency to keep my identity instead of changing it.

Unpacking everything is going to take me a while and so I settle for the clothes first. After a couple of hours, clothes and shoes are done along with the daily requirements and I call it a day. I lay in bed after changing into a comfortable pair of clothes but sleep doesn't come easily. I keep staring at the wall as Harry's words crowd my mind.

"He was enraged when he came back to consciousness but then he realised that I was trying to help him. I took him to the Rehabilitation and Counselling centre of the agency itself and Samuel helped me in admitting him. I was confused as to where to take him but it was Samuel who called me up and spoke to me about it."