Chapter 4: Memory of Mr. Intense

Chapter 4

Memory of Mr. Intense.

*Saturday morning, cool breeze makes my hair flow as I am rushing through the streets being short of time to reach my workplace. I hurriedly get into the cafe for my regular cappuccino. I collect my order in a jiffy and rush again to get through the door when it happens. The door opens as I go to grab the knob and almost run into a man with a hood on. His grip on my elbow steadies me quickly and he walks by before I can mutter a quick thank you. All I saw in those few moments was the hint of green shining in his eyes, mesmerizing me for a second but suddenly I am jolted back to my senses and hurry out of the cafe.*

"I-It was you!", I say it more loudly than I intend to, pointing my finger at him. "It makes sense now. The same green eyes, how can I forgot them! You might have followed me to my home and..oh god!", I keep rambling in whispers still shocked by the realization until he puts his hand up to stop me. I look up at him with a scared face for no particular reason this time. He sighs at my reaction. "Your handbag Alina!", he growls again losing patience with me. I flinch at the noise but my eyes widen in the next moment when I realize that he knows my name, or maybe more since he is currently in my house. The thought that he knows more than just my name makes me shudder. He takes a step towards me and I am pulled back from my curious thoughts to the scene unravelling itself in my bedroom. He still needs the bag so I slowly make my way to the closet again pulling out the same brown bag, I had carried on saturday. He reaches out for it as gently as he can and I hand it to him, hesitantly. He rummages again and this time he pulls out a small navy blue pendrive. "Gotcha!" he mutters excitedly with a smirk.

I stare at him in disbelief while he rejoices for the whole minute. This was it. He scared the hell out of me just for this damn pendrive. He could have knocked on my door and I probably would have returned it. There was simply no reason to create such intense situations. The thought of how it landed in my bag is still a mystery. But this stupid guy doesn't need to act like a killer though.

"So you are not gonna hurt me, right?" The words flow out of my mouth before I know it. He turns towards me as my voice reaches him. "I was never here to hurt you. Atleast not intentionally." he mutters while looking straight into my eyes. I don't know what it is that makes me trust his words but I sigh in relief, unknowingly.

A crashing noise echoes downstairs and grabs our attention immediately. "Damn it!" he curses under his breath while pocketing the pendrive in his skinny black jeans. "He is here. We need to move. Quick grab your jacket and put on your shoes." he whispers while taking careful silent steps and locking the door to my room, quietly. What! one more person? Ughh! How many more people are going to break into my house tonight! I whine in my head getting annoyed by what this night has bought on me.

While I am still staring at him, he is finding ways to get through the window. My black jacket gets thrown at me suddenly which I grab due to my instincts. "Wear it!" he whisper yells. I quickly put it on and even lace up my converse without any socks, before he throws them too. "We need to make a quick escape and we will do it by jumping out of this very window." he mutters with a teasing smile. "Are you crazy! Well you probably are. But spare me from joining you on your suicide mission." I whisper yell and sit down on my bed while folding my arms. He quickly shuts off the lamp leaving us in complete darkness. "I repeat I am not leaving my house and take your friend back with you. I don't need any more people breaking in." I speak to him with the new found courage and hold my ground. I won't let this psycho mess with me. Surprisingly, everything is silent and I can no longer see his outline near the window. I wonder if he is really gone. I move towards the window with steady steps and he appears in front of me out of thin air, impulsively. "Oh no love, thats not gonna happen." he whispers in that husky voice of his one last time before pulling me in a forced hug and jumping out the window.

*****

So another chapter is up. Tell me how do you feel about it. Any suggestions, queries or ideas, leave them in the comments. Vote and comment guys!

And Happy New Year to all my readers. May this year bring happiness to you even in the darkest times.

Regards,

A.R.