Chapter 2: The Silhouette

Chapter 2

The silhouette.

I am panic-stricken and fully aware that this not one of those stupid, horrific nightmares of mine, which will soon end and spare me from it's torture. Yet I rub my eyes in an attempt to make the image before me disappear. However, it is still very much there, a guy, frozen on the same spot like a statue. I don't have a single clue if I should run or scream or stay exactly in the same position. Nonetheless, I am frozen too as my heart rate begins to accelerate again and my breathing is shaky. It seems like a good idea to stay here instead of the other two options. Unless either of us makes a movement, I believe I will be safe.

He observes me with high level of concentration so as to catch even the slightest of my movement. The moonlit sky shines down on his jawline that is set in determination and I know it is because he is concentrating hard. He straightens a bit to check my response and fairly enough I give him one. This movement of his sets me into motion as I slowly sit up from my sleeping position, not taking my eyes off him. And we freeze again, mirroring each other in perfect timing. My gaze falls on his hands and there is no weapons my eyes can make out. I feel a bit relieved, even when he himself is a threat to me. The silence that had fallen around us since his arrival is now, a painful noise in my head. The only sound I can hear are of my shaky breathing and the clock ticking on the wall adjacent to me. The situation around me is nothing but a time bomb, waiting to go off in the next few seconds.

This emptiness is eating me inside. I have to speak and break this piercing silence, that too now! I muster up all the courage I can find in me and swallow down the lump in my throat. And now I make an attempt to open my mouth, to let the words flow out and ask him about his reason to be here but that never seems to happen. His reflexes are way too quick for me to register what is happening until I find myself pinned under his weight and my mouth covered firmly by his hand. I try to struggle and get him off me but his deadly gaze constricts my heart in fear. My wide eyes stare into his eyes unknowingly. The adrenaline rush that made me put up a weak fight against him few minutes ago, is gradually disappearing. His ragged breathing lowers to a normal pace. Even without a threatening word, he looks menacing yet calming in his own way. This may sound so cliché right now but it is true. This time his eyes never leaves mine. He opens his mouth, contemplating mentally whether to speak or not. The time bomb situation has just transformed into an intense, cliché scene. Just perfect. My sarcastic mind mutters before his voice reaches my ears.

*****

So here goes the second chapter. What do you think about the intense scene unfolding here? Tell me if you guys need longer chapters. vote, comment and heart if you like it.

Regards,

A.R.