I couldn't make out exactly what it was but it sounded like a phone ringing.

It had to be Scott! I quickly shoved my phone into my pocket without hanging up and ran towards the noise. I didn't know exactly where it was coming from but I kept running, nearly tripping over rocks and logs along the way. The noise kept getting louder the closer I got.

I made a sharp turn up the riverbank and back into the forest, realizing the noise wasn't coming from the side of the river.

I stopped dead in my tracks, as the forest grew silent around me. I reached for my phone to call Scott again but as I looked at my phone it said that he had answered. That must be why I couldn't hear the phone ringing anymore. I slammed the phone to my ear, relieved that he had finally answered.

"Scott!" I spoke, half out of breath from running.

I was confused when there was no answer.

"Scott?" I said in a quieter tone.

The forest seen to grow darker and a lot colder as I was met by nothing but silence. I silently cursed under my breath as I felt rain drops begin to fall around me.

"Scott you're scaring me. Please answer." I said into the phone.

It began to rain harder. I fought off a shiver as a cold breeze hit my wet body. I could have sworn I had heard leaves rustle behind me but I knew it was probably just the wind or a small animal.

I was about to take the phone away from my ear but I froze as I heard a low growl on the other line.

"Scott?" I whimpered, "Is that you?"

The line went dead.

I quickly shoved my phone into my pocket and looked around me frantically. Me being the unprepared person I am, had completely forgotten to bring anything to defend myself with.

The forest grew into another eerie silence and I was starting to get really scared. The rain slowed down slightly but I was already drenched.

Leaves rustled behind me and I spun around this time, only to be greeted by two glowing eyes staring back at me in the cover of the bushes.

"Scott?" I stuttered, now shaking.