Holiday Mall Trip (Part 2)

"You can't be here Roxy. This is my job." Peaches whispered as her older wife looked defeated at her. It was true that she really was sorry and couldn't take life without Peaches another minute.  Roxy had even gone to the woman's father's house but he too had no idea where she was, plus Mike was warning her to stay away from Peaches. But the woman had enough now and had given her enough space for once Roxy got the divorce papers she had to see her wife. She had to and try to get her back for splitting up for good was out of the question. 

"I know babe. I know but maybe when you get off we can talk. I just want to tell you how sorry I am Peach. I am and it was wrong of me to hit you like that and put my hands on you. I should not have. And I swear to you it's not gonna happen again. I've been taking my counseling really serious and I know what I did wrong."

"I'm sure you have. But  we have been doing really good Rox. Really good. And I don't know if I can do it again. I don't want you hitting me. It's not good for me or for Mariana. You, you really hurt us."

"I know, I know I did." She said putting her head down. "And I know what I did was wrong and I can see how good you look. I'm so sorry baby. But I miss you. Don't you miss me?" She asked waiting for the young woman to respond but Peaches couldn't. She couldn't even look at her. "Listen it's ok if you don't I wouldn't miss me either but I'm sorry I flipped out about the money. It's just I wasn't gonna spend it all I was gonna save some of it for us and for little Mariana. My life had been shit without you both and I don't know what to do anymore Peach. I got robbed, someone stole the rest of my money, I got jumped. Some real shit has been happening to me and I need you. I need you so bad and I can't sign these papers. That shit will kill me."

"Who, who robbed and jumped you. Are you ok?"

"Yeah. Some punk asses a bitch named Violet. I'm not worried about her. I just want you back."

"Why would they hurt you what did you do?" Peaches whispered now growing concerned. "Did it have to do with the gambling?"

"No look it's nothing you gotta worry about. But Peach tell me what I can do to make up for this shit. How can I get you back? I can't, I can't go another day without you. You know how empty the bed is an how empty the house is. I fixed it up some too. You should come by and see what I did."

Peaches could only sigh as she swallowed hard feeling tears form in her young eyes. The past few weeks had been like a different world for her for she enjoyed the family she was with and hanging out with Stef, Lena, Mama Rose, Judy and Callie. Stef was like a big sister to her and she wished more than anything she was here right now. Just to help her move in the right direction for Roxy had a way of making her weak and she couldn't afford to be weak at all. It was far too easy and she had to try to be strong for herself and for Mariana.

"Peaches maybe we can go out tomorrow you know see all the holiday stuff with Mariana. Get a tree and everything. Like a real family. I promise I'm not gonna hit you anymore. I won't."

"That's what you said last time. And you did it again."

It was now that Roxy was growing upset and frustrated which was not hard. She was already at her wits end from Violets harassment and she thought Peaches would be easier than this. But she was proving to be rather difficult and Roxy didn't understand why or what the difference once, or more importantly who she had been hanging out with.

"Look it's different this time Peaches."

"How, how do I know that?"

"Because I'm different." She said slamming her hand down on the table and growing even more frustrated startling the customers. "I have changed. I swear it to you. How can I fucking prove it? Can't you see I'm begging. Can't you see what a fucking mess I am and how destroyed I am since you left."