A Mother Part ll

LENA POV

Laying in the bed I could faintly hear little Frankie's voice as she was talking to my wife about any and everything. It was so sweet and both Stef and I were happy she could stay over as well as baby Stef. We were  hoping today would be a little less taxing for the both of us for yesterday had been a tad emotional in more ways than one. For starters Noah was supposed to join us this weekend but my mother refused to bring him telling me Stef was continuing to threaten her. What could I really say? What was there left for me to say to her for I knew the kinds of things my mother was saying and I was well aware how angry my wife was. Of course I wish it wasn't this way and I told Stef I'd take care of it. But that was going in one ear and out the other as it usually did in terms of me for she was dead set on protecting us which I got. I was the same way no matter who it was.

FLASHBACK

"Mom it's my time with him." I said storming past her and entering her apartment one I had not stepped into for weeks.

"I'm not letting him near that woman. Do you know what she said to me? Do you! I don't even want you in my home either."

"Mom you can't keep me from my son."

"You are ignoring the real issue! You continue to ignore the real issue. You're, you're that woman you are married to came over threatening to hurt me! She said she would hurt me! Does that not register in your manipulated mind! While you are over there in that, that run down home you live in cuddled up with her pretending to be a family! She is not a good person! She is a criminal and dangerous!"

"She is not dangerous or a criminal! Not at all and you threatened to call her parole officer and have her kids taken away!  To call CPS  on us! For what mom! For what! I don't know what your problem is but don't you ever threaten that on her. Ever!"

"Or what! You plan on beating me up? huh?"

"I don't get you. You know when that piece of shit husband was beating me up you never had such animosity toward him!"

"Oh Lena please this is different."

"How! How is this different? He was a horrible person! Stef has never ever laid a hand on me once! Not in the way you think. She is the most gentle, kind, loving person ever! She loves me, our children and she works her ass off! You won't even give her a chance. Not one. Why is it so easy for Dad to accepts us and you..

"Oh your father! Please! Your father has no idea at all what kind of life you really live!"

"Mom what kind of damm life do you think I really live! Stef and I make an honest living! We both go to work everyday! Every single day and she gets up at 4 in the morning to go to work. Sometimes she walks the mile home and back! "

"And how long do you think this will last until she falls back into her old ways. I know about her. I have friends and I have heard the things she has done."

"Mom you know what. I'll see Noah when daddy has him. I can't take you. I'm trying. I am but I'm done myself." I yelled storming past her.

"Good get out!" she screamed as I saw Miss Rose getting out the car and looking concerned. "I see you replaced me anyway!"

FLASHBACK ENDS

It was a headache. My mother was continuing to be a headache and the fact that she was threatening to call CPS I just didn't even understand. Did she expect either of us to react in a positive way or what. Did she? No my wife wasn't perfect and she had lead a life that was very different from mine but she had no interest in returning to it. None. But the entire thing was heartbreaking and I wished my mother would just knock it off.  If she could just open her mind and see what I saw and try to accept my life and my wife who never laid a hand on me but to hug me, make love to me and kiss me. She never treated me poorly and from what I remember my mother never treated my ex this horribly. Not once.