Bed Talks

STEF POV

"Is she crazy? I mean moving to New York, trying to get my farther back and taking Noah? What doesn't she get honey? What doesn't she understand that I love my son. That we love him?"

"I don't know baby." I said rubbing Noah's back as he had finally fallen asleep on me in our bed. His fever had gone down a good amount and we were grateful that he was resting. "I mean my guess she is probably still in love with him or whatever but he's since moved on and do not worry no one is taking our babyboy halfway across the fucking country. No fucking way. Not if I have any fucking thing to do with it. Besides I don't think your father has any interest anyway of getting back with her."

"Well, I don't think whoever he is seeing is very serious."

"Well I mean I think it is." I said gently rubbing my babies back as he was still sound asleep.

"What makes you say that?" 

"Oh well um just a feeling love. He's always on the phone with her and he seems really happy."

"A feeling? Do you know something I don't?" She said now sitting up and looking right into my eyes.

"No. Why do you ask."

"Because I can tell. You are making that face."

"What face?"

"The face you make when you are lying."

"Baby I don't even know what you are talking about." Laughing awkwardly at her she looked at me rather cold as my eyes glanced back into hers and I could only swallow hard.

"Stef. Don't lie to me or we will have it out right her and right now. What do you know and don't bullshit me. Don't even try it. You know who he is dating don't you?"

"Fuck my life."I whispered and letting out a sigh.

"Who is it? Who is he dating?"

"I promised to let him tell you."

"Well now you are breaking that promise. Who is it?"

Shaking my head as she glared at me even more I knew I couldn't keep it from her any longer or lie to her right now. I just couldn't for she knew me too fucking well and that was not always a good thing.

"Mama."

"What? Miss Rose?"

"Yeah."

"What? When? How?"

"Thanksgiving night. They um started talking and talking led to more than talking. I mean if you get...

"I get what you are saying. You can spare me. And why didn't you tell me?"

"I only just found out baby. I mean I had my suspicions but I didn't wanna go on just that."

"How did you find out? They told you?"

"No. Not exactly."

"Ok then how?"

"Well I um, I went to drop off donuts at mama's house yesterday morning and um yeah your dad was there."

"So they are sleeping together." Lena whispered to herself seeming as if she was still in a state of shock and confusion.

"Well I didn't ask or anything. I figured that would be an inappropriate question babe. Look, they were going to tell you baby," I said gently grabbing her hand as she looked into mine. " But didn't know how you would feel. It happened fast for them I think. Much like it did with us. You're father and Mama Rose are very conscious of your feelings baby. They are."