Soon To Be Christmas

Start from the beginning

"So um mama mention anything about bringing your dad tomorrow?" The blonde asked munching on a carrot.

"He did."Lena laughed. "I told them I'm fine with their relationship but they still seem to walk on eggshells around me."

"Well I think they want to respect you and not shove it too much in your face baby. They both care about you and your feelings."

"I know but I told them both I'm happy for them. I really am. Mama Rose makes my dad, well, smile. And I haven't seen him smile hardly ever with my mother. Maybe she really gives him what he needs. I just want them to be comfortable."

"Well you can always tell them that again honey. They might need a reminder and...

"Aunt Stef?" Little Mariana said walking over as the blonde kneeled down to her and letting out a wide smile.

"Yes babygirl? What's wrong sweetheart?MM?"

"When is my mommy coming?"

"Well she will be here very soon. I promise she is just finishing up work. Ok love?"

"I miss her." She said sadly as tears ran down her eyes.

"Aww princess it's ok. I know you miss her babylove but she will be here. You don't have to worry at all. Infact let's see it's 630 now and she will be here at 830. Two hours. So once we eat, and watch another movie she will be here. Ok dollface?" Softly kissing her little cheek Mariana nodded her head as she gently grabbed the blonde's Lion's necklace. It was something all the kids seem to touch.

"Roxy no bueno."

"No, you don't have to worry about her. You do not. Uncle Mike is protecting your mama. Ok sweetpea." Softly wiping the little girl's eyes and kissing her cheek once again Mariana really had seen to much for her age and was way older than three. Since she had been talking a bit more she started to reveal more of what she had seen. And it made both women cry.

"Mari do you wanna make playdough burgers!" Frankie asked running over as she saw the girls in tears. "It's really fun or we can color. And I need help feeding Ophelia. Want to help?"

"Rabbit?"

"Yeah."

"Ok." Grabbing her hand Frankie walked her over to her pets cage and dried her tears as both women could only smile.

"You know Frankie is so much like you. Welcoming the new person and comforting them. I notice she does that with all the babies. She's like little mommy."

"Little Mama Lion." Stef said and Lena smiled warmly at the comparison. Truth was she knew why her wife was upset as she glanced back to Mariana who was petting Frankie's rabbit.

"I know you are worried about Peaches too."

"That I am babe. And I'm glad Mike is there and will drop her home. I just don't want her to fall back in that trap and believe Roxy's bullshit. It's so fucking easy too. And I know she's gonna try to stop by the dinner again and wheel her in. I fucking know it. And I don't know if Peaches is strong enough to keep saying no."

"I understand baby, but maybe we make an effort to keep talking to her. To let her know we are here. I know it's not that easy but we can try."

"Yeah but Roxy refuses to sign the divorce papers. She won't make this shit easy and she has no fucking idea Peaches hangs out over here. None. Mike's been tailing her ass though and says she pretty much still gambles with what money I don't know and he sees her at the tittie bars picking up women and bringing them back to that shity ass house she lives in. Babe you thought our house was bad when we moved in? Mike said it has holes in the walls, there is no furniture, roaches coming out all over, stained walls. Just shit. I know I didn't have the nicest place for my babies when they were little but it was nothing like that."

"She's a mess. What a waste."

"Tell me about it. I just hope us showing Peaches a different life that she will stay with it. She's a good kid and doesn't deserve that piece of shit. Mariana is fucking terrified of Roxy."

"I know. She told me she pushed her a few times."

"What? She pushed Mariana? For what the fuck for? She's barely 4!"

"Yes. I know. It broke my heart too. She's seen way too much. But at least we can give them a nice Christmas. And just make sure we stay on top of her if we can. You know keep her involved with Mama Rose and the church, introduce her to more people. The more we show her what she can have  the less she will return to Roxy. Plus she really trusts you babe. I mean she did call you when Roxy stopped by this afternoon, she came to you initially. I keep telling you, you have a way with young teens and young adults. They really listen to you and trust you babe." Lena urged as the blonde had almost forgotten about that suggestion from her wife a few weeks ago. She knew being a cop was out of the question since Wilson informed them it would be nearly impossible to get their records expunged but working with at risk teens he told her could work.

"I guess I didn't really realize."

"Um yes. You are very good at it. Look at Tracey. No I don't mean her being the leader of the Lion's Den but you got her to stop cutting, to believe in herself, and to focus on her passion of music.  You showed her what no one could about herself. All those girls babe."

"She finished her third album ya know?"

"Really?"

"Yes. She sent it to me. The first and second were fucking amazing so I can only imagine this one.  I can't wait for her to get out and just start her life too. She's a good girl."

"She still has some time though right?" She asked rolling the meatballs for tomorrow.

"Yup. Five years left. But she is still young and apparently has a woman in there."

"Really now?" Lena asked surprised.

"Yup. Little hoe." Stef laughed."Can you imagine them fucking in our cell. Some nerve!"

"Ha. Young prison love! I know nothing about that!"

"Oh bullshit. You bet your sweet ass you do." Leaning in the blonde softly kissed her wife's lips deeply. "I love you sweetness."

"I love you too babe. Now are you going to help me or not?"

"Yes, yes woman! Relax yourself!" She joked slapping her ass and letting out a wink. "And this ass is mine later regardless of all these damm kids in here."

"Anytime." Lena whispered back and letting out a wink herself.