Ch:23 - This is my dad?

Riley's POV

  Evan and I ran straight across the floors of the station, towards the front door. I peered at the door, finding an unhappy present, more stupid prototypes were figuring out how to open the doors. 

  "Stop!" I halted Evan, if I hadn't we'd be even more over come with KS prototypes. 

  "W-what why?" Evan asked surprised. 

  "Look.." I nodded my head in the direction of the front doors, with the KS prototypes.

  "Then we're stuck.." Evan pouted. 

  He's right, we are stuck. The thought of me being stuck in the B.C train station with all these prototypes trying to spill my guts, really sucks. I'm so close to my dad, yet.. extremely far. 

  "Not exactly." My father's voice spoke above us. I looked up, surprised. Seeing a rope dangling from the ceiling, with my dad holding the other end, on top. I shot Evan a confused look before he nudged me forward, meaning take the rope! I took a deep breath and shakily wrapped my right hand around the rope, then my left hand.

  "Come on Evan." I said, signaling for him to go on the opposite side of me on the rope. 

  "Not yet, you have to make it up there first." Evan said giving me a boost.

  "No Evan wait!" It was too late, I was dangling from the rope as my father hauled me up to his hiding spot. I looked down at Evan, he was now punching and kicking a few of the prototypes. Every second I heard a yelp, a scream, then a thump of a body hitting the ground.

  Every moment I heard that thump, I looked down, to make sure it wasn't Evan who was dead. Luckily Evan had not a single scratch on his body. I felt a grin crossing my face, Evan stayed behind just to make sure I'd make it up okay. Evan really is the hero in the room right now, not me.

  "COME ON EVAN! YEAH YOU CAN KICK THEY'RE BUTTS!" I chanted on, trying to give Evan some motivation when I noticed that some of the prototypes, finally made they're way through the door. When I was finally fully up, with my dad, I saw him for the first time. I just stood there, forgetting the world. This is my dad?

  "Riley?" My dad spoke.

  "Yeah..?" I asked unsure of how I'm supposed to react..  Am I supposed to hug him or something. I haven't really seen him for 15 years, that just adds to the awkwardness right now.

  "You look so.. different from when I last saw you.." My dad said, looking at me like I was a diamond or something.

  "That's because the last time you saw me was when I was a baby." I stated, sourly.

  My father had my same brown eyes and hair, although his skin was slightly paler than mine. But we looked roughly the same, in my opinion. Despite the fact that he had a scar across his right cheekbone. Really the gash above my eyebrow was nothing, compared to that huge scar across his cheekbone.

  "Um Riley? A little help here!" Evan yelled down below my father and I. Without a second thought I grabbed the rope and tossed one of the ends down to Evan. When I saw Evan grasp the rope, I took no longer than half a millisecond to yank the rope up. I only realized how strong I was until, I felt how heavy Evan was, and how fast I was able to pull him up, beside me.

  Honestly, the Kick Start is beginning to grow onto me, and fast. When Evan was finally at my side, all I did was hug him tightly, trying to think of ways to thank him from making sure I made it to my father A-okay. When I finally let go of my embrace of Evan, he pulled me back to him. All I could do was bury my face into his chest. Then I realized how strong his muscles were.. Oh my gosh, I'm such a creeper!