Ch:30 - The Real Battle (Final Chapter)

"And this is you're Dad's office.. I mean, you're new office." Sierra said as she opened the door to my office. Already sitting on a desk in the back, was my sword and bag. I rushed over to the bag to check if the journal was still inside. Once I felt the binding of the book in my hand, I let out a few breaths in relief. Loosing this book would probably be one of the stupidest things to do, ever. And I mean it, it's like my whole life depends on this book. 

  "You okay?" Sierra asked me, a concerned look on her face.

  "Yeah.. I'm fine." I said looking away from the book, and at her.

  "Are you sure?" Sierra asked me.

  "Yeah, really. I think I'm fine." I smiled a bit, and her face relaxed.

  "Good, well this is you're new office." Sierra smiled.

  "Great, it's huge. And it has one of those huge leather spinning chair's the President of the USA usually has.." I winked before I sat in the chair.

  "You're father picked that out." Sierra gleamed at me. Sierra had the same blue eyes as Cassidy although her hair was a little bit shorter, and more brownish. But don't get me wrong, Sierra was blond. 

  "I miss him." I said randomly.

  "I'm sure you do, I would feel the same way if my Dad died.." Sierra started. I just nodded at her, not wanting her to continue on that topic. If you're in a sad mood already, and you start randomly thinking about sad things, you can actually cry for no apparent reason. 

  "You wanna get something to eat?" I asked Sierra, not really knowing where to get any food.

  "Yeah, sure." Sierra sniffled a bit.

  "So.. is the food in like a cafeteria or something.." I stood up from the chair and went by Sierra's side. Her eyes were a bit teary and her cheeks were flushed. I could tell she was thinking about the things I specifically wanted her to avoid thinking. 

  "Yeah, I'll take you there. Let's go!" Sierra suddenly switched from sad to happy. 

  "Aight, leggo!" I smiled at her, really this is the only time, in a long time, that I've had a normal conversation with a person. I didn't have to be Riley Dawson. I just had to be Riley. I could already tell that Sierra and I were going to be good friends. 

  "Leggo?" She asked me, confused with my slang.

  "You don't get out much, don't you?" I chuckled.

  "Not really.. people at the academy don't really have a good sense of humor. I think you're just what they needed." Sierra smiled as she looped her arm through mine, and tugged me through the busy hallways of the agency. 

  "Speaking of Academy, what do we learn there? Like do we learn how to kill a deer from a mile away or something?" I asked her, not really wanting to hear the answer.

  "Uh- No.. I think you got it all wrong Riley. We just learn Math, Science, and any other subject a normal high school would teach. But the one subject people of the Agency are competitive about is Physical Education. And I mean, the children of the adults, of the agency are like freaking King Kong's, and like.. I wouldn't wanna see you getting hit with a dodge ball thrown by Drake." Sierra chuckled as she lead me through the extraction hallways. 

  The extraction hallways were my least favourite place in the entire world. Once you enter, the only thing you can smell is blood. Really this is for all of the people who got picked up and transported, from the building to the agency. I saw so many of my friends, confused, thrashing around on medical tables, crying, and screaming. Sierra told me that we would have to erase a small part of they're memory. By small, she meant, the whole Kick-Start-I-Wanna-Murder-You-Cause-I-Might-Get-Murdered-Myself memory.