Ch:18 - Sleeping Riley

Evan's POV

   I knelt there just for a few minutes. Watching her sleep, the way she breathes when she's sleeping. I know what your thinking, your probably thinking I'm some weirdo? Yeah, no, that's how people act when they like someone as much as I do. Oh who am I kidding, I'm a creeper! I rolled my eyes and decided to wake her up. Now, how should I do this.. I rubbed my hands together, this'll be a challenge for sure.. 

  "Should I tickle her awake or something? Oh, maybe she's already awake.." I wispered to myself. I looked at her one last time, and noticed a metal plated necklace around her neck. She didn't have that on earlier.. I leaned in towards Riley and read what was printed onto the metal plate, Riley Dawson. Born April 23rd, 1996. North York General Hospital. 

   "Oh my gosh, she got called to be an Elite Agent at the agency!" I gasped. I prayed I didn't gasp to loud, because now Riley was crinkling her nose. What if she gets mad that I woke her up? I covered my hand over my mouth tightly, praying that I didn't wake her up. That a very bad way to wake up a person, by gasping. 

  When Riley finally stopped crinkling her nose, I sighed quietly. Few. I leaned in closer again, to get a better look at the plating. Pure silver that's for sure, even the chains pure silver. I doubt Riley knows that she's a secret agent. Maybe I should finally tell her the name of the agency. I'm not sure how she would react to the name.. The name of the agentcy is: DDD SA's. The SA's standing for Secret Agent's, and the DDD standing for Dawson Dare Devil's.

  I wonder how she'll react when she finds out that her Dad is the founder of the agency. A normal girl would probably run away and hide in her bed room all day, but something about Riley tells me not to call her just a "normal girl." I leaned in closer, maybe I should kiss her on the cheek. Yeah! That how I should wake her up, then I'll know for sure that she's got sweetcheeks. Woah hold up Evan, what if she thinks I invaded her privacy? Gosh, I seriously have to think these things more through, and I seriously need to stop talking to myself! 

   I hit the back of my head with my hand, "God! I'm so stupid!" I wispered to myself annoyed. 

Riley's POV

  My eyes were still closed, but my nose was high on alert. I could smell cinnamon.. and chicken wings? 

  "Ok Evan, stay calm. You can do this." I heard Evan's voice. Then I suddenly felt someone peck me on the cheek with they're lips. Now who's the only person that I know, who reeks of cinnamon? 

Evans POV

  Riley opened up her eyes, slowly, way too slowly. I seriously needed to see her beautiful eyes. Oh no, what if she knows I kissed her? Suddenly a quick smile spread across her face. 

  "Oh, your back." Riley yawned. "Yeah, and I got chicken wings!" I felt like my world had just gotten brighter. 

  "Really?" Riley asked wide eyed. "Yep!" I grabbed the box of chicken and handed it to her. Once it was in Riley's hands she ripped off the top and took in a big wiff of the chicken. An even bigger, brighter, and beautifuler smile spread across her face. "Thanks Evan." She leaned towards me and kissed me on the cheek. I honestly wanted to stand up and twirl in the air, because of so happy I was, but all I did was, do an awful looking smirk at her. 

  She obviously thought it was awful because she punched my arm slightly. Just stay cool Evan. I thought, trying to stay calm and hold my ground. Riley hopped off the bed and sat beside me on the floor, offering me a wing, I took it happily and we shared the rest of the chicken. After I got the rest of the tray and we shared the ice cream too.. I fed her a spoonful of ice cream and I knew I was a goner. When a guy feeds a girl any kind of food, it means he's seriously falling for her. Dammit, I've gotten it bad. I thought. 

 ~#~#~

  By the time we finished all of the food, we were both so stuffed. I let out a small yawn and my attention narrowed back to the metal plated necklace on her neck. Being an elite member of the DDD SA's.. I've only dreamed of that.. Should I tell her what the necklace means? Should I tell her that her dad runs the dang agency? 

  "Hey Evan, I found this thing.. in the brief case, yeah. It has your name on it. It's alot like mine." Riley said pointing to the metal plated necklace around her neck. 

  "With my name on it?" I asked confused. "Yeah, here." Riley said as she handed me a necklace just like the necklace she had. But this time, it had my name on it. 

  I gasped. Me, a secret ELITE agent, with Riley Dawson? I held the necklace in my palm, before I could stop myself, I slipped on the necklace and picked up Riley. Spinning her around in the room, in her arms. I don't know what it is, but she felt so perfect in my arms. Riley was smiling and laughing her head off in my arms. When I finally set her on her feet, she was so dizzy she had to put her hands around my neck just to stay stable. 

  I smiled happily at her. "Why are you looking at me like that..?" Riley whispered.  I felt my cheeks burn up, ughh I've gotten soft. "Well.. you know that necklace you have on?" I asked Riley. 

  "Yeah? And you have one too!" She smiled. I smiled back at her and gulped down all my fear of her  probably hating her dad more than she already probably did. "Well.. it symbolizes that we are called to become.. Elite Agents.. at the DDD SA's" I said quickly. 

  "Elite agents?" Riley asked surprised. "Yea.." I looked away from her gaze. I knew Riley was confused at the words I just uttered.. 

   "Wait, so I'll have to fight crime all my life or something?" Riley asked again. 

   "Well..-" I stuttered. "Wait, what the hell does DDD SA's stand for.." Riley lifted my chin so I had to look her in the eyes.  

  "It .. well.. it means.. " I tried to look away. "Dawson Dare Devils.. Secret Agent's" I said quickly, avoiding her gaze once more. 

  "Dawson.. dare devils? But Dawson's my dad's last name!" Riley shuddered. 

   "Exactly...Your dad.. is the head of the secret agency.. the same agency my dad and mom work for.. the same agency we are called to be elite agents.. the same agency that has gone under cover." I explained, trying to be simple.

 Riley's mouth dropped wide open. "But.. but.. bu-" Riley studdered, "How is my dad the head of the DDD's and Sandy's the CEO?" 

   "Yeah.. she's the CEO of Canada. There are tons of other CEO's in different countries.. and well, your Dad just happend to be the boss of every single on of them. And all of the minor agent's as well." I smiled weakly.  

  Riley took in deep breaths, as if she was trying to debate everything. And I wouldn't blame her for that.. after a couple agonizing moments Riley finally spoke, her voice was still shaky, but it was under control, "Well, it's not like those bad guys from the mafia will ever stop. Plus my dad gave me a note.. saying that there really was no going back to who I was before. And it's not like I have anything left anyways." Riley contemplated.

  I. Was. Shocked. "You mean you'll be an elite agent? With me?" I said still trying to control my happiness. 

  "I'd be honoured" Riley smiled. I honestly can't help myself now. In one quick movement I put my arms around her waist and pulled her closer to me, then I kissed her as passionatly as I could. While I kissed her, I felt a smile creeping across Riley's face. I couldn't help but smile too, that's smile, ment I was finally doing something right. 

   Suddenly the anoucements starting beeping and a voice came up, that just had to stop our kissing! "We will be pulling into B.C station tomorrow at about 9:45 am. Just letting you all know, thank you." 

  I looked at my watch, it was only 5:32 pm, we still have a couple of hours on the train.. Riley looked at me, her cheeks were full out red, and her eyes were still shimmering. Even in the dim light we had in the room, she still looked flawless and beautiful to me. Riley smiled at me lovingly before she turned her attention back to the brief case. 

---------------------------------------------------