Consequence

Chapter 20: Consequence

Khushi was sitting in the temple staring at the devimaiyya idol without any emotion. No Tears left to shed. She always worship devimaiyya beyond anything and gave her topmost importance but what she did she failed to protect her and made her life a living hell. No girl would be able to survive loosing everything but she did just for her brother..her one and only reason to survive. He never left her alone when many hesitate to do so and always support and shower immense love like a mother and now when he is is so near to get his happiness was she really had to ruin it? First time she saw a different glow in his eyes. She still remember that day when she came to know about dhruv and anjali relationship.

*Flashback*

Its been 1 month they had shifted in london. Her painful wounds get healed due to her brother love and care. He has frantically buried brutal pain in his heart but never shows in front of her and make her feel special like a princess. Her love never change a bit after what had happen. Her heart swell getting world best brother.

Many times she seen him crying his heart out by hiding himself and whenever she caught him he made an excuse and crack joke to make her smile but only she know how difficult it is for him seeing her gudiya like that. She feels tugged in her heart by his vulnerable situation and his not sharing his grief made her more distraught. His pain is no less than her. By seeing his loved ones death is not an easy for anyone to bear. One by one his family get disheveled in front of his eyes but he can't able to save them. She can share her grief and sorrow by crying and screaming but with whom he express. He had never showed her how much he is cracking from inside and deep inside he is breaking loosing his love,anjali. He is missing anjai like hell and wanted to see her but never gathered strength to talk with her. He know if he ever try to contact her he would never able to get away from her so he break all relationship with her before leaving India and never moved back.

He himself cleared he don't loved her but when he went away he realized her importance and started missing her and feel restless like a big part is loosing away. He seems happy and content whenever khushi questioned him but his eyes speak the depth of his pain. She once saw one picture under his pillow and when she try to look at he came and snatched it away.

''Gudiya ..wha..t.. t..you doing here...its already late..go back to..sle..e..pp'', he stammered hiding picture behind his back.

''Bhaiya what is it..show me?'' She tried to see what he is hiding and began struggling to reached it but he felt hesitant and scared thinking how she would react.

''There is nothing..stop it gudiya..go back to sleep bachha...you need rest''. He requested her affectionately and she hugged him delightfully.

''Why I am feeling that you are not happy shifting here?'' He careless her back sweetly.

''Your happiness always make me ecstatic..you just be happy''. She looked back and saw tears shuddering from his eyes. She shook her head and wipe his tears.

What about your happiness..do you like someone? He keep silent by her query and look away searching words to say but nothing seems to be answerable. He began going away when she stopped him and placed his hand on her head.

''Not this time..you have to tell me the truth...i am observing you since long but not anymore!'' She asked with a glint in her eyes and how can he deny her request. He swing his hand slowly and show her anjali's picture.

She is so pretty..you loved her right? She asked with a genuine smile'And because of me, you both get separated''? She retaliated in guilt.

(Cupping her face): ''No gudiya..you haven't did anything..i don't love her that's why I told her to forget me and move on.